BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
THESE

Best thing to do is find someone local who can program the car to not do the "cold checks" on the lights.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THESE

Best thing to do is find someone local who can program the car to not do the "cold checks" on the lights.
I've been meaning to code my car with a lot of various little things. I guess I'll just add that to the list. I'd prefer that than adding more aftermarket parts into the wiring.... Thank you Fasthackem.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You're very welcome, brother. Good choice going with the coding! The resistors get very hot (shouldn't in this case as a reverse light) and the leads tend to need to be resoldered after a while. Good Luck! :)

Reactions: MalibuMafiaV

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm thinking about LED bulbs for the reverse and tail lights too. How is the light output compared to stock on these LED ones?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking about LED bulbs for the reverse and tail lights too. How is the light output compared to stock on these LED ones?

It's like an LED flashlight it's crazy bright. I would defiantly recommend them if you can code the warning out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i have these no codes...really bright backup lights.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'm sure you've heard of Alex (Alpine). Once you code out the light check then you can install 6 more LED bulbs in the tail light plus 2 front turn signals.
I should have gotten the bulb check coded out when Alex coded my car. I have led bulbs in my front turn signals with resistors but I always wanted to have led reverse lights on this car like my E46.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I guess i got lucky with my EBAY LED backup lights...not even a hint of a warning...I also put amber LEDs in my headlight turn signals, again with no warning.

Coding out the bulb out warning could potentially give the PoPo an excuse to pull you over (due to an unbeknownst to you dead tail light) and get up your ***** about whatever else they don't like about you and your weird noisy car...This is no small part of why I have a front plate, no tint, and stock exhaust. I don't interface well with agents of the Police state and try my damnedest to minimize them...

·
Registered
564 Posts
I guess i got lucky with my EBAY LED backup lights...not even a hint of a warning...I also put amber LEDs in my headlight turn signals, again with no warning.

Coding out the bulb out warning could potentially give the PoPo an excuse to pull you over (due to an unbeknownst to you dead tail light) and get up your ***** about whatever else they don't like about you and your weird noisy car...This is no small part of why I have a front plate, no tint, and stock exhaust. I don't interface well with agents of the Police state and try my damnedest to minimize them...
Can you share the links of the bulbs you purchased? I'm looking for a set of amber turn signal bulbs that don't require coding and I would also be happy to pick up some LED reverse bulbs also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I should have gotten the bulb check coded out when Alex coded my car. I have led bulbs in my front turn signals with resistors but I always wanted to have led reverse lights on this car like my E46.
You can add those to your mod list for next year :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'll try to dig them up but all off ebay...

Can you share the links of the bulbs you purchased? I'm looking for a set of amber turn signal bulbs that don't require coding and I would also be happy to pick up some LED reverse bulbs also.

Thanks!
Ill try to find them but i delete most of my purchases after FB...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have those amber turn signal LEDs on mine except in white they came with resistors already wired so error free.

Regarding those LED backup lights are you sure those are the ones you bought and they cause no errors at all? Just wanting to confirm because I have purchased LED reserve light bulbs from them before and they had threw bulb out indicators lol even though they claimed error free.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I am pretty sure, i just did an ebay search for what i recognize...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts