BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a LED on the microphone next to the SOS button on the roof. When you start the car its red then turns green. It buzzes upon start up then fades away but lately it's been buzzing longer and longer. Its very high pitched, unlike anything I've heard in any bmw. For a while it was a short buzz at startup now its Up to ten minutes after startup or longer Any thoughts?
Forgot to add that previous owner installed a built in valentine with remote speaker installed next to EDC button. Car also has laser jammers with no controls that I know of.
Red at start up then turns green.

Here's another pic. Just drove 20 minutes to work buzzing the whole way.

Thought it was factory because the install is perfect. Looked at an 06 m5 yesterday. No light.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
posted pictures this morning.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No LED in my 08. Does the buzz seem to correspond to the LED being lit a certain color or is the buzzing independent of the LED color? My guess would be that it's an indicator for a laser jammer of some sort, but I am only guessing.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's definitely not how the car came from the factory. Previous owner def had that installed and I bet it relates to your V1 or laser jammer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No LED in my 08. Does the buzz seem to correspond to the LED being lit a certain color or is the buzzing independent of the LED color?
I got the car in January and it's only been the past few weeks that it started buzzing. At first it was for about 5 seconds then it would shut off, last two days I cant get it to stop. It's really piecing.

I agree it's the jammer. Since I didn't install it I dont know where the controls are and the bumper sensors dont have anything written on them so I cant identify them. I'll post a pic later to help identify the system.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLVED
It's a Blinder Laser Jammer. Found a youtube video with the same system. He had a single LED on the dash and a power switch. I located my power switch way under the steering wheel in the foorwell. Very well concealed.

Just need to find the control unit now and figure out why it's malfunctioning. At least now I can shut it off.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts