BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this video on youtube, what do you guys think personally I like it its different
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QkwmIg9BR3g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QkwmIg9BR3g&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

website
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=v3aerings_1_1&cate=011001000

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Looks like a merc:pedro:
Yea a Merc with a Nissan badge in the grille :hihi:

I don't like it. Too much! Angel eyes like our cars is as far as I'd take it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Too much for me too. Things are getting too blingy for my tastes, I guess I'm more on the subtle side. IIRC I saw a Swarovski crystal M5 badge in the newest Bav Auto catalog, as well as crystal aircaps. Not my style......

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
...I actually like my pre-facelifts, for that classic BMW look... :blink:

BUT the TRAGEDY is they have really cheap aluminum race pedals, darn it - ...and I went and already ordered those pricey AC Shnitzers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok fine, I just thought of the idea of having blinking angels eyes in conjuction with the corners would be kind of different plus the led's would have that nice look of the new audi's....so I guess its too much for some but your comments are very welcome thats why I posted to see some reactions about this...thanks everyone

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Ok fine, I just thought of the idea of having blinking angels eyes in conjuction with the corners would be kind of different plus the led's would have that nice look of the new audi's....so I guess its too much for some but your comments are very welcome thats why I posted to see some reactions about this...thanks everyone
I think you can hook that up with the OEM angel eyes.

When I upgraded my headlights with angel eyes (my MY2000 didnt have angel eyes), I had to tap power from the parking lights and I had to connect the wires right, otherwise the angel eyes would blink when the turn signal was on (they'd always stay on, but start blinking when the turn signals were on).

I've never seen the wiring of OEM angel eyes, but i dont think it should be too hard for you to hook that up.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have upgraded ones on my MY2000 but I have ccfls so the blinking part would be out of the questions since it would burn out the ballast for the ccfls, so maybe with stock post 2001 headlights would be more easy

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Interesting. I am not sure how you would be able to retrofit these into our angel eyes. Changing colors would be cool. If you get pulled over for the wrong color, just make them white again and there is no issue.

Mark

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bit cheesy for me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts