BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought the leatherique kit (rejuvenator and cleaner) for my Indianapolis red seats. I started by applying the rejuvenator liquid early this morning and i let it sit (as instructed for better results) pretty much all day. When it came time to using the cleaner the rejuvenator was sticky on my seats (like it said it might be) I went to apply the cleaner with a microfiber and i could barley wipe it across the seat without it sticking and sliding out of my hand. i had to pull the cloth with one hand and put pressure down with the other. i was never really able to get all of the stickiness off of the leather. also it didn't really look like it cleaned much out of my leather also. Did i do this wrong? Anyone else use this product?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
So i bought the leatherique kit (rejuvenator and cleaner) for my Indianapolis red seats. I started by applying the rejuvenator liquid early this morning and i let it sit (as instructed for better results) pretty much all day. When it came time to using the cleaner the rejuvenator was sticky on my seats (like it said it might be) I went to apply the cleaner with a microfiber and i could barley wipe it across the seat without it sticking and sliding out of my hand. i had to pull the cloth with one hand and put pressure down with the other. i was never really able to get all of the stickiness off of the leather. also it didn't really look like it cleaned much out of my leather also. Did i do this wrong? Anyone else use this product?
Use a liberal amount of cleaner to get most of the stickiness off. You can also use a brush if there is a lot of dirt and use a microfiber towel to dry off.

What I like to do after everything is done is get a bucket of clean water and a fresh microfiber towel and go over everywhere I treated. It picks up a lot of additional dirt and residue then the seats feel perfect after! The once clean bucket of water turns nasty afterwards.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You sure the bucket isn't getting nasty from brown conditioner? I do like the water afterwards idea, however.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You sure the bucket isn't getting nasty from brown conditioner? I do like the water afterwards idea, however.
I use the water and bucket after I do the cleaning with the supplied cleaner.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stickiness is starting to disappear but i doesn't look like much cleaning happened. i heard a few people say it took them 2-3 times before they saw a real difference. I might try another method involving a brush or even i heard a steamer works to help open the pours in the leather

·
Registered
151 Posts
Works best in hot temperatures. Have used on many vehicles and is best to apply and let sit for a couple of hot days in the sun. Stuff is the real deal!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I just wanted to add to this instead of making a new thread. The kit works so much better if you use a brush to agitate the leather during the 2nd step with using the Pristine Clean. My goodness what a difference in the leather after using a brush. My leather in both cars literally looks brand new and has a matte finish.

This is the one I'm using.

Natural Horse Hair Leather Upholstery Brush - www.CarPro-US.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard many good things about leatherique, I need to try this out as my leather is starting to get hard

·
Registered
50 Posts
Leatherique is a quality product, when I use it what I like to do is let the car bake in the sun as long as possible, preferably over a couple of days while the oil soaks in. I will occasionally add more product if i see it being absorbed. Then to clean it I found the pristine clean goes much further if you put a sprayer on the bottle. You use much less product and it seems to do a better job. I do like the water in the bucket idea, I will try that next time to get any remaining residue off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts