BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed my order today and have two minor questions.

1. On full leather- In most brochures they show non perforated. Yet if you want multifunction seats you must order perforated. I was concerned about the "look" of the seats with the small holes any opinions?

2. Rear air bags- Ordererd all options but this was due to the fact they can not be deactivated, yet my 2000 740, I believe requires the bags to be activated initially therefore giving you the option either way.

Thanks for yuor help!

·
Registered
955 Posts
bob belle said:

1. On full leather- In most brochures they show non perforated. Yet if you want multifunction seats you must order perforated. I was concerned about the "look" of the seats with the small holes any opinions?
you don't have to order perforated leather to get multifunction seat. however, you have to get perforated seat if you wish to order ventilated seat.

·
Registered
559 Posts
bob belle said:
Rear air bags- Ordered all options but this was due to the fact they can not be deactivated, yet my 2000 740, I believe requires the bags to be activated initially therefore giving you the option either way.

Thanks for yuor help!
Rear air bags can always be deactivated then reactivated. It just requires a visit to your dealer. They put a sticker on the doorsill to let you know whether they are activated or not. They are delivered from the factory activated.

Best regards,

·
Registered
839 Posts
According to one of my dealers ?????? the rear air bags come deactivated, and need to be activated upon delivery. So I ordered them because either way, the dealership can deactivate/activate for a small charge.

My other dealer told me that they come activated but they can deactivate once for free, then when I want to activate them, they can at a small charge.

So go figure?

On the perforated seats: You can order the Multifunction M without perforation (as I just did) but not the perforation with the Multi-M's.

Hope that helps ouich

bob belle said:

2. Rear air bags- Ordererd all options but this was due to the fact they can not be deactivated, yet my 2000 740, I believe requires the bags to be activated initially therefore giving you the option either way.

Thanks for yuor help!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Zonacat said:
According to one of my dealers ?????? the rear air bags come deactivated, and need to be activated upon delivery. So I ordered them because either way, the dealership can deactivate/activate for a small charge.

My other dealer told me that they come activated but they can deactivate once for free, then when I want to activate them, they can at a small charge.

So go figure?

On the perforated seats: You can order the Multifunction M without perforation (as I just did) but not the perforation with the Multi-M's.

Hope that helps ouich
Can't believe you would have to pay for an option that was delivered non-functioning, then pay the dealer to make it operational. Can easily believe that the dealer would tell you that in order to rip you off while doing no work.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I may have miswrote. IF, they come activated, you would have to pay a fee to deactivate. But IF they come activated, you might have to pay to deactivate. I have 2 dealers telling me two different stories. The mysteries surrounding this car for the states just continues to grow for me.

Regardless, get the rear airbags and you at least have the option.

hythe said:
Can't believe you would have to pay for an option that was delivered non-functioning, then pay the dealer to make it operational. Can easily believe that the dealer would tell you that in order to rip you off while doing no work.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
One general question - WHY get them deactivated - they're only side-curtain airbags, so safe with child seats, no?

·
Registered
839 Posts
No they have the side curtain head airbags standard. The option is for the side-impact chest airbags. Those for kids you may want to de-activate. Not enough studies have been done to say to turn them off or leave them on, so most people are opting to have them off or not get them at all. I have two young kids, so I am have them deactivated. When they get older and bigger, will activate.

hythe said:
One general question - WHY get them deactivated - they're only side-curtain airbags, so safe with child seats, no?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts