Registered
559 Posts
alsahher said:
what is the differences between these two types of leather

1. Leather Merino
2. Volleder Merino

need some info please..

thanks
Volleder means "full leather" in German.

Best regards,

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Leather Merino is simply extended leather, which is standard in most markets (except USA).

Full leather (just like on the E39) includes extra leather on the door map pockets, centre console, glove box lid, dashboard; this option also includes the alcantara headlining.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
As a footnote, the codes for specifying leather trims begin with the following prefixes:

LK.. for extended leather
X3.. for full leather
X4.. for full perforated leather

So, for example, if you want extended Black leather, the code is LKSW or if you want full Indianapolis Red leather the code is X3A7.

:)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ashok Arora said:
As a footnote, the codes for specifying leather trims begin with the following prefixes:

LK.. for extended leather
X3.. for full leather
X4.. for full perforated leather

So, for example, if you want extended Black leather, the code is LKSW or if you want full Indianapolis Red leather the code is X3A7.

:)
what is the perforated leather? is it with the ventilation? the small holes?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
alsahher said:
what is the perforated leather? is it with the ventilation? the small holes?
Yes, it is the ventilated seats with the small holes as seen here:

Perforated seats are only available in combination with FULL leather - total rip-off :mad:

I'm not getting them anyway since I have two small boys and god knows what would happen to the seats if they spill Coke on them ouich

·
Registered
703 Posts
you let your kids drink coke in your car?

Robert

·
Registered
559 Posts
Gustav said:
It is Individual Ecru.
Thanks, Gustav. That particular interior has always looked more like Individual Polar Grey to me, but I could be wrong. If you take a look at the Individual Ecru on the M5 Visualizer it does look quite a bit different.

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
desualt said:
you let your kids drink coke in your car?
No but it could happen; then there's Ice Cream and the wife's nail varnish remover :sad3:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any idea how much the full leather option will cost in the US? What was this option cost on the E39 M5?

Thanks,

David

Ashok Arora said:
Leather Merino is simply extended leather, which is standard in most markets (except USA).

Full leather (just like on the E39) includes extra leather on the door map pockets, centre console, glove box lid, dashboard; this option also includes the alcantara headlining.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I think full leather was standard in the US for the E39?! This will probably be the case with the E60 as well and BMW may even add to the choice of non-Individual colours by the time the car is released over there.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spiroman said:
Ashok Arora said:

BTW, what is the colour of that interior?

Best regards,
Ashok.. concering the back of the seat is only the sports seats come with black rear insert? i really like the stiches on the sport seat more than the comfort ones

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Comfort seats are NOT available on the M5. The only choice is either standard sports seats or option 4MA which is M Multifunction seats with the lumbar "wings" that move.

Here is a photo of Comfort Seats with Integrated TV screens for comparison purposes (note the adjustible pillow in front of the headrest):

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ashok Arora said:

Perforated seats are only available in combination with FULL leather - total rip-off :mad:

I'm not getting them anyway since I have two small boys and god knows what would happen to the seats if they spill Coke on them ouich

Could you order the full lather option without ventilation :confused:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Yes, you can order Full Leather without perforations. This is the difference between X3.. and X4.. as described above.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Maybe we should give all the seats a good try before ordering? The discussions seem to be based on aesthetics viewpoint (which is also important I guess) but I'll like to sit on them before ordering. The M seats with folding wings might be the one, as designed for the M's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts