·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,

Ashok, u just order from the US or is it available over here?
Wonder if it is as good on my type of leather as it is yours, you have the softer leather if i recall correctly?

cheers

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Correct Piers, I have the softer Heritage leather which actually needs more looking after than the tougher Nappa you have.

You can order it from the uk site:

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Check out their NXT wax as well, superb stuff and great value :byee55amg

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again mate.

Any experience with Autoglym? I use their polish and it seems very good, wonder what their interior stuff's like.

cheers

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Collonny "Hide Food" is the one RR and Bentley uses, shoudl be the best. I have used it and it is very good.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gustav said:
Collonny "Hide Food" is the one RR and Bentley uses, shoudl be the best. I have used it and it is very good.

thats handy, my dad has a tub of that i think......will give it a go,

thanks gus, any tips about applying/removing?

cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I have used Hide Food but you need to use a cleaner first. I like the convenience of the two-in-one product (and it works!).

To apply:

1. Don't use too much or it'll be very hard to get off
2. Apply in overlapping circles and leave to cure
3. Buff off with lots of clean cotton cloths
4. Make sure you do all the tricky bits (under thighs, behind headrests etc.)

:)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ashok Arora said:
I have used Hide Food but you need to use a cleaner first. I like the convenience of the two-in-one product (and it works!).

To apply:

1. Don't use too much or it'll be very hard to get off
2. Apply in overlapping circles and leave to cure
3. Buff off with lots of clean cotton cloths
4. Make sure you do all the tricky bits (under thighs, behind headrests etc.)

:)
cheers :flag:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I use Autoglym for my interior. It works very well. What I like best about it is that it keeps the original texture of the leather. It doesn't make it greasy or shinny, leaves it more natural. My 2 cents.

·
Banned
386 Posts
I use lexol... I like it

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I was so impressed with Zaino acrylic waxes, I thought I'd try Zaino's "Leather in a Bottle". Super-easy, nice supple look. Wipe it on, you don't even have to wipe it back off. I've had two people comment on the smell in two different cars ..."Still smells like new" they say.

About $10.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I personally like the Zymol Treat aplication. But there are many good products out there..many mentioned in this post already;).

·
10,445 Posts
not anything new, but i've been happy with zymol treat, zaino leather in a bottle (both products look, smell and feel very similar) and leatherique. The leatherique is definately the most work, but i think the results are the best. When you've got some time to spend on the leather, it's great. For a quick wipe down/dressing, the zymol or zaino is the way to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A couple of friends and I run a car detailing service in the Chicagoland area. We bring everything to the owners home and do the detailing there because most people hate leaving their cars anywhere. We only cater to higher end cars and we have the best experience with Lexxol cleaner and condtioner. One of our customers had an 01' Yellow 360 Modena, the leather came out better than it was in the showroom!!!! Message me if you have any questions

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys,

thanks so much for all the feedback, it seems like all the products mentioned are good, its just a matter of trial and error i guess!

Thanks again
foxy :byee55amg

·
Registered
797 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
Hi guys,

i have the following interior type in my car, and am keen to keep it fed and ensure it stays nice:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2785

Any recommendations of good leather cleaners/treaters etc & where to pick em up?

-BMW?
-Zymol
-Meguiers? (sp?)

Thanks a mill
fox hiha
I've had really good results with stuff from Griot's Garage. Try the following:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1006&SKU=11142

Jeff :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts