BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having owned too many black, silver and grey cars - I am seriously considering ordering Interlagos/Black. I am a little worried that it is too LOUD for a car like the ///M5. People who have seen it in person - what do you think?:flag:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Its loud but also very nice. The mroe you see it the more you get used to it. Today 300+ pcis will be published from our weekend with an Interlagosblue M5. I like it alot more than silver that all cars are :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
A Swedish magazine, that tested the M5, said that it seemed very sensitive to scratches, There were a lot visible already after a couple of 1000 km´s!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cidair - is there a hint of blue in Silverstone II? It is very hard to tell from the pictures - looks silver.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gustav said:
Its loud but also very nice. The mroe you see it the more you get used to it. Today 300+ pcis will be published from our weekend with an Interlagosblue M5. I like it alot more than silver that all cars are :)

Photos I've seen vary from loud blue in sunlight to purplish blu in low indoor lighting. Is the color in real life similar to the blue that seems to come on 80% of Subaru WRX Stis ?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Blue in sunlight and more purplish during cloudy conditions. You'll see this quite good on the report that will be up this evening. Also high-res 7 megapixel pics will be orderable from the site as well.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sort of LeMans "blueish"?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
More screaming that LeMans. A preview from the report " weekend with the M5 V-10" coming on m5board.com:

During no sun and very cloudy weather:

More sun:

·
Registered
943 Posts
stominovich said:
Cidair - is there a hint of blue in Silverstone II? It is very hard to tell from the pictures - looks silver.
Yes, you are absolutely right. It´s a big difference from Titansilver when wieved in daylight. In less light it looks more like silver.

Very nice color IMO.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS GUYS - NOW I AM EVEN MORE CONFUSED

:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think Interlagos Blue is definetely nice but is more suited to the likes of an m3, jus a little bit too flashy for the m5 in my opinion. :)

Hayat

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I kinda of agree with you...

But I know if order silverstone the first time I see an Interlagos M5 on the road or pull up next to a silver 5er - I will kick myself for not getting Interlagos.ouich

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Re: I kinda of agree with you...

Having seen a M3 Competition Package in Interlagos, it sold me... out of the available non-Individual colors, that is the one I like the best, hands down.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Re: I kinda of agree with you...

Dang that car is too nice!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Well, at the Detroit Auto show the Blue was right there next to the Silverstone. First of all, the Blue was stunning, absolutely knock you in the face stunning. Not subtle though, really a screaming 'look at me' blue. It also showed every single little fingerprint and mark - much more even than the black cars. I was really amazed.

My wife says it looks like an M&M. I'm struggling, because IMO it is the most beautiful car when clean. However, looking at it next to a silverstone car, the first thing you notice is how dirty it looks. I don't think I can deal with that, after owning 6 years of black cars. I also wonder if you would get tired of that color after a while.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The joy of a two or three year lease... by the time you are tired of it... it goes back!

I have decided to go lease for the first one, based on several factors. SMG being king of those, plus possible later facelifts (like the E39) and additional features. Maybe extra power? Plus the concerns of a first gen car with new engine, new trans, new computer....

But I think I will be happy with blue. It was only recently that I finally got a blue car, and in this case, I had it painted blue.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i saw the IB M5 at an auto show plus an IB M3 in the showroom.

i do not like the IB because it does not highlight the E60's body (supposedly like the frame of an airship / blimp if u will per the designer) as well as silver or black.

there is not much depth in the color or the paint... looks Flat. looks plasticky.

remember color is a preference. those are just my honest opinions.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Gustav, those pics are awesome. :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:

After seeing the Interlagos Blue M5 in Detroit under the lights, I did wonder if the colour was a little too bright but those pics (granted not under direct sunlight) really do look good. I was tempted to go Black but after seeing a Black Sapphire 545i at my dealer today, I changed my mind. I think the unique colour of Interlagos looks great on the new M5.

More pics please Gustav. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I find it way too loud - that's why I ordered Onyx instead :cool2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts