BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the le mans blue, but am unable to see what the actual color looks like. Are there any le mans blue cars in bay area to see?
thanks for any help, timmer

·
Registered
21 Posts
Timmer,

I have a 00 Le Mans Blue with Silverstone interior. I live and work in Sunnyvale. I can be reached at [email protected]

KQS

Originally posted by timmer:
I am interested in the le mans blue, but am unable to see what the actual color looks like. Are there any le mans blue cars in bay area to see?
thanks for any help, timmer

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Timmer,

It is my understanding that Le Mans blue is a new color for the 2001 M5. It is only available on the M series and was not offered last year. It has a slight red tint to it. I saw a color sample of it at the dealership this morning. The 2000 M5 came as Avis blue, which is a softer blue.

Now that I have really confused you with this red tint in a blue color, it is a really interesting color. I may opt for it when my 2001 goes into production sometime next year.

Mark
2000 M5 carbon black
sportive cracked interior

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mark,

Not so. About mid-way through the M5's 2000 model year (call it February or March) the Avus Blue was discontinued and the Le Mans Blue replaced it.

I've seen the Le Mans on the road and thought it was stunning.

Tom
2000 M5 Anthracite/Caramel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts