BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Christmas came a few weeks late but who's complaining. My '03 M5 Le Mans Beast now has another Le Mans Blue garage mate, an '05 X5 4.8is. I got so many compliments on the colour of my M5 that going with Le Mans for the X5 was a no brainer. :M5thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Sport and utility.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Congratulations, Tony! :M5thumbs:

Lemans Blue lives on...Long live Lemans Blue kinggf

:cheers:

·
Registered
262 Posts
sweet combo! i'm planning on doing the same combo around april-may timeframe. will be trading in a toyota 4runner for a x5 4.4i. of course, it will have to be ti silver to match my m5. :cheers:

-joe

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Does the 03' 5 series have the option to use or not to use angel eyes. I've noticed on the 03' that the parking lights look like normal lights.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
They look great Tony! LMB really flatters the lines of the X5, and it must be great to have twins in the garage. I havent heard the 4.8L in action, how does it compare to the growl of the S62?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MEnthusiast said:
Awesome Terk!!! How about a X5 4.8 writeup? A good friend of mine has one and he LOVES it! kinggf
Jerry, I have only put about 100km on it since Thursday but I will be happy to post a write up in a couple of weeks. Intial impressions suggests the 4.8 treatment definitely transforms the X5.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey T-Man,

Congrats on the X5. My SA was saying to me the other day that he took one for a spirited drive and he said it laid him back in the seat just like an M5. :eek:

I just smiled and looked at Yoda and said, "Its been awhile since you've driven an M5, hasn't it?" :hihi:

He smiled :crying: Yes he said.

I was cruising La Jolla with ChuckC in his 745, but there was No Hollywood stuff anywhere.

We still do not have confirmation. cherrsagai

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

a_ok2me said:
Does the 03' 5 series have the option to use or not to use angel eyes. I've noticed on the 03' that the parking lights look like normal lights.
Angel eyes are only lit when the parking lights or headlights are on. The lights you see are the DRL's. Not sure if the canadian cars are any diferent than the US spec cars.

BmwNut said:
They look great Tony! LMB really flatters the lines of the X5, and it must be great to have twins in the garage. I havent heard the 4.8L in action, how does it compare to the growl of the S62?
Bren, not only twins but the only LMB's in my city. :1: The 4.8's exhaust sounds great, not quite as loud as the S62 but sure compliments the image of the 4.8.

MIB said:
Hey T-Man,

I just smiled and looked at Yoda and said, "Its been awhile since you've driven an M5, hasn't it?" :hihi:
Marks, how long is your detention? :nono: Oh and we got a fresh delivery of that white stuff today so not sure how the 4.8 will behave with out snow shoes? :eek:oohhh:

Regards,
Terk.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Very very nice! My favourite standard M5 colour. How would you judge the engine characteristics of the M5 vs the X5 4,8 iS?

Also, it made to the front of m5board.com for updates, since it was a very nice combination!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cool!

My garage will look about the same in w.13. Though I have to
live with the diesel smell... That 4.8 must be a killer! I love those rims and exhaust pipes...

Great choice and taste!

//Ekan

B

·
0 Posts
Congrats! The X5 is a great car, and perfectly complements the M5.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gustav said:
Very very nice! My favourite standard M5 colour. How would you judge the engine characteristics of the M5 vs the X5 4,8 iS?

Also, it made to the front of m5board.com for updates, since it was a very nice combination!
Thanks Gustav. Le Mans is a stunning colour although the M5 in Interlagos Blue I saw this even at NAIAS was absolutely stunning. With regard to the engine and how it compares to the S62, I have hardly driven the X5 4.8 since picking it up last week but initial impressions indicate the 4.8L valvetronic really moves the heavy X5 although the throttle response is not quite as snappy as the M5. I will post a comments shortly.

Oh and thanks for the front page exposure. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Terk said:
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

Marks, how long is your detention? :nono: Oh and we got a fresh delivery of that white stuff today so not sure how the 4.8 will behave with out snow shoes? :eek:oohhh:

Regards,
Terk.
Hey T,

Its been and gone. I've been back in the saddle for around 3 months now. :7: I've been a good boy. No TV runs. :noSMG:

I was eluding to the SA that He hadn't driven one for awhile cause Yoda would make the smile a lot BIGGER :haha:

I was at a seminar at a private Secluded GolfClub last night. The place was almost deserted when I left, only a few friends were chatting in the carpark. The air was cool and crisp.

It was a long straight Private road with two roundabouts.

I gave it a squirt and the Tubi just Echoed through the valley. :M5launch: Then when I got on the Public road, I behaved myself again. cherrsagai

·
Registered
857 Posts
Terk,

Good stuff. The new ride looks great. But I'll be damned, I can't get over how good the M5 still looks. I think the 4.6is looked a little better than the 4.8, but that's just me. But I bet the 4.8 is just a monster. Good job keeping it in the family :)

Take care, and enjoy.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MIB said:
I gave it a squirt and the Tubi just Echoed through the valley. :M5launch: Then when I got on the Public road, I behaved myself again. cherrsagai
Good boy Mark. :hihi: cherrsagai

1 - 20 of 27 Posts