BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When looking for pictures of this mod, i struggled to find any of the car with this combo, so to ease anyone else looking for similar, here's a picture of mine now i have completely the mod. I really like it, functional, yet subtle.
I have also replaced the diff oil seals, and the aux fan. Its all tip top now :)

Thanks
Matt

·
Banned
460 Posts
I really like that, the functionality of the ducts is there without being too showy as it is with the chrome rings. Very Nice indeed! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Worries.

I drilled a 89mm hole with a hole saw, and then carefully opened up the hole with a sanding drum on a dremel until the ports snapped in.

Then, i put the ducts on with a few carefully drilled small holes and black cable ties.
Although, if i did it again, i'd stikflex the ducts to the bumper, and leave it 24hr's to set, but i didn't think i coul ddo this at the time, and i didn't have 24hrs to leave the bumper off.

Once that was done, i covered the back of the arch liners with masking tape, refitted them to the arch, then drew the outline using a marker pen from inside the duct, cut out with a dremel, then re-assemble. All done, couple of hours, including a swap of the aux fan, and the associated headlights out etc.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Nice one! I did the same mod on my LMB beast, but with the chrome rings. Do like the blakc ones though!

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts