BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to check... I just got my M5 and the dealer told me it was Le Mans Blue but I am not too sure. How can I tell if it is Le Mans or Avus? ??????

Love the colour anyway.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Welcome to the board! Check the paint code tag which should be (IIRC) on one of the front shock towers. If not there, then it might be inside the drivers side door frame.
If it is 276 it is Avus, and if it is 381 it is LMB.
If you cant locate the tag, just search the owners gallery, and there are plenty of Avus and LMB cars to compare paint tones with.
Hope that helps!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hemm... can't seem to find that.

Wonder if anyone can run a check on this VIN

wbsde920x0bj10037

As much detail on the car as possible please :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I was under the impression that Avus Blue was a '00 model year color only and that LeMans started in '01.

Travis

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nice to see those meet pictures again Was :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
616 Posts
M5Kid said:
I was under the impression that Avus Blue was a '00 model year color only and that LeMans started in '01.

Travis
You are right Travis - that is the case.... the car on the left - is an '00 model - just modified completely to 2001+ ...

·
Registered
511 Posts
The color of the car is on the underside of the hood towards the passenger side. A black sticker roughly where the carbon filters are located with the name of the color of the car.

Here's mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
lakecitylemansm5 said:
We all know that Le Mans Blue is the far superior color! :biggrin:
I saw them side-by-side today in Palo Alto. The Avus was a bit lighter, the leMans a tad deeper, perhaps a hint of purple in it. IMHO, while they were noticeably different, neither was *better*.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Thats funny...

My car is a March 1999 production and its LeMans Blue!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
hmm.. are you sure? whats it say on the build date plaque in teh engine bay?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts