BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow board members

I retrofitted the LCM 3b few weeks ago, which was pulled from a 528i I believe.

Using PASoft, I was able to get rid of the annoying tamper dot but it constantly shows the Check Bulb noti and kind of driving me nuts at this point.

I didn't simply want to get rid of check bulb messages through PASoft but rather find the real problem to get rid of it.

I tried all of these

1. Using NCSExpert to set factory defaults based on Vehicle Order (copied from EWS)
It was fine until I noticed that the automatic headlight function wasn't working. I reverted back to the old coding options to revive the newer firmware I think. (from C15 to C19)
BUT it DID get rid of the Check Bulb messages.

2. Copying the Check Bulb messages and coding data from E39Source video, which I followed.
It didn't make a difference.

Apparently, since the VO contains a Rain sensor, it turns on the automatic headlight whatsoever. (Doesn't read from the newer RLS which is now retrofitted to my car)
Therefore, resetting to factory defaults using VO is out of the table.

Is there any other way for me to fix this problem?
Currently the errors that constantly shows up are

Check Front Fog Light
Check High Beam Bulb
Check Low Beam Bulb

But all of them are working fine.

I'm attaching the .trc file from the current LCM 3b. Any inputs are welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
out of curiosity, did you gain a heap of funcionality with your upgrade? no help, but I'm curious
At least for me it is a definite upgrade. Mainly due to the automatic headlights, I can leave the whole switch at that position forever and it won't cause a problem.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Code it for your car's ZCS, then set AUTOM_FAHRL_STEUERG to aktiv. Should work from there.

LCMIV would not require that step.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Code it for your car's ZCS, then set AUTOM_FAHRL_STEUERG to aktiv. Should work from there.

LCMIV would not require that step.
Thanks terraphantm I will try that ASAP. The 20pin obd port is impossible to use when its raining. LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow. That's something new

I will have to dig a bit deeper on doing that but thanks for the tip!
I soldered wire jumpers in the 20 pin cap. That way, I can permanently use the odb connector, and also use the 20 pin when needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I soldered wire jumpers in the 20 pin cap. That way, I can permanently use the odb connector, and also use the 20 pin when needed.
Thanks for your input kotani.
But I got some mixed search results. Can you please verify the pins that was soldered together?

I think this is what you did, soldering pin 17 and pin 20 together.

Is this similar to what you have done?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you use thin enough wire and are able to keep it as close to the board as possible, I don't see why not. Otherwise if the board is removable, maybe you can solder on the other side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you terraphantm and kotani. I just applied the mod and it works perfectly.

Now I won't have to stand in the cold to run the diagnostics lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you terraphantm and kotani. I just applied the mod and it works perfectly.

Now I won't have to stand in the cold to run the diagnostics lol
That's great to hear that you got it sorted out! I remember the days staying out in the cold with the laptop in hand with that massive 20pin to ODB adapter. Haven't had to do that in the last few years now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts