BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what i have read elsewhere on the old Interweb, it seems the Newer LCM2 unit is plug and play (well plug, PROGRAM, and play) with the old unit?

Does the LCM2 pretty much just plug in? That is same connectors, fasteners etc?

What is the functionality prior to reprogram? Any? (Wondering if i need to be ready to re code immediately to have any light functionality)...

All I really want is DRL A/E's seems like the easiest way...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The wiring harness is a tad different and of course you would need the new LCI headlights and taillights.

I had my headlights modded with the Orion V4 angel eyes and have them wired to be DRL all the time.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
how was the wiring done?
I used the wiring harness relay that comes with the Orions. I ran the remote trigger wire (for the fade on & off with interior lights) into the cabin so I could tap into the footwell light on the driver's side. I ran the main trigger wire into the cabin the same way and tapped my radar detector hardwire since it comes on with the car. You could also tap into the ecu wire in the engine bay it would do the same thing but it was easier for me to do it this way since I was in the area.

The other way the Orions are normally wired is they're tapped into the stock angel eye harness inside the headlights but they only come on whenever the stock angel eyes are on.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So did you REPLACE the normal power feed to the A/Es or hook an additional parallel source to them? (if you removed the relay trigger would they still come on with parking or headlights?)
No errors?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And did you run a wire to both or power one and backfeed the other?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
So did you REPLACE the normal power feed to the A/Es or hook an additional parallel source to them? (if you removed the relay trigger would they still come on with parking or headlights?)
No errors?

Thanks
And did you run a wire to both or power one and backfeed the other?
The relay has a trigger wire, remote wire, and main power source/ground. The relay has two connections one for each headlight pair of angel eyes.

The remote wire I tapped into foot well lighting for the fade on and off with interior lighting.

The main trigger wire I tapped into my radar detector hard wire since it is powered on with the key. Any 12V that is connected to the ignition and powers and off with it will work. I just chose the radar wire since it was the closest. Can also use the DME wiring inside the box if you wish I have my E46 wired this way.

The main power source I connected it to the jump port under the hood and the ground. So when the relay turns on with the radar it draws the power from the jump port.

The factory wiring for the angel eyes remain untouched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts