BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
pin 4 connect to gray/green on headlight old angel eyes bulb connector and remove wire from pin 25 from lm2 connector and connect to terminal 30G inside car

in another words- this goes to pernament power that will be switched off when car goes to sleep

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Hi Patrick i bridged pin 1 and pin 4 like the other guys did? is that the problem? if i don't have soft close where is closest place for 30G? Can i get 30G from under bonnet somewhere else and connect directly to pin 4 rather than messing with the AE harness? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can check wds at work when i am back from business trip on tuesday. You can temporarily connect to positive terminal under bonnet but remember that it will start to drain battery by 40mA. It has to be swiched off when car is not running

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
so far so good i used the battery jump point on one and works perfectly now the other i must of used a bad live so will bridge it over tomorrow

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Ok so now i have these working at about 95% i have coded everything as it should be and the aes to run at 12.7volts at all times. side markers are even working! however my xenon angel eyes are STILL not working :-(

·
Registered
34 Posts
try 35w bulb first.you have to get it working first. then move to xenon. if it works you have to code ae to switch on hard, not soft. also change ae voltage pulse width modulation when low beam is on to maximum ( ae as bright as they are when they work as drl)
also maybe you will need 50V 6300yF capacitor across ae positive and negative, it depends on xenon ignitor you have.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Ok cool - did i read somewhere that you said you stopped using 35w xenon as it melts the lights as thats what my plan is?

·
Registered
17 Posts
writeup for full lci lights conversion: front and rear turns, headlights
no resistors, no diodes needed.

e63/4 lci lm2 pinout:
12 left fog
50 right fog
44 left angel eye 35w bulb
6 right angel eye 35w bulb
1 left sidemarker light
2 right sidemarker light
62 left front turn
5 right front turn
25 brake force display lights

lci headlight replacement:
move pin 6 to 1 for angel eye
move pin 8 to 11 for alc ground (skip if no alc)

on turn signal:
left
pin 1 connect to blue/ green ( blinker1) and move pin 68 on lm2 to 62
pin2 connect to blue/white (blinker2) and move pin63 on lm2 to 1
pin 3 connect to brown wire (blinker 1 or 2)
pin 4 connect to gray/green on headlight old angel eyes bulb connector and remove wire from pin 25 from lm2 connector and connect to terminal 30G inside car

pin 1 connect to blue/ brown ( blinker1) and move pin 24 on lm2 to 5
pin2 connect to blue/gray (blinker2) and move pin 11 on lm2 to 2
pin 4 connect to gray/blue on headlight old angel eyes bulb connector and remove wire from pin 40 from lm2 connector and connect to terminal 30G inside car
for terminal 30G i used wire that gives power to drivers door soft close motor.

on lm2 connector remove pin 5 and 62, connect together and connect to pin 25
switch places wires 12 and 44, ( L fog and angel eye)
also wires 50 and 6 ( R fog and angel eye)

NCS:
expertmode
if needed adjust lm2 to your car VIN ( if you are retrofitting it. i had it already in my car so i skipped this part)
chenge date to 0308
fa write to cas and lm2
code lm2
done.

remember this is for people who will fit new headlights with 35w bulb. no errors, no switching off.
if you will not replace headlights then you will lose high beams with lci dedicated coding.
you can add relay and additional wiring to still switch them on from pin 48 on lm which is used to energize bixenon solenoids on headlights
So today I tried doing this retrofit and had alot of issues. No indictors working for rear lights, the led rods instead blink as indicator, it was a mess/too much to explain, So i put back in my old LM1 and old connector Someone can verify this works?

I only ask because in my car pin 62 and pin 5 are already in use on my car, but i think they go straight to my tail lights.

So according to this I must. do the following, can someone verify?

Take PIN 62 (BLACK/WHITE) and PIN 5 (Red/white) from the X12 and connector must be link together to become one and plug into PIN 25 on the LM2.

Then from the BMW Retrofit cable for tail lights will plug into pins 62 and 5?

But what else am I missing?

·
Registered
369 Posts
writeup for full lci lights conversion: front and rear turns, headlights
no resistors, no diodes needed.

e63/4 lci lm2 pinout:
12 left fog
50 right fog
44 left angel eye 35w bulb
6 right angel eye 35w bulb
1 left sidemarker light
2 right sidemarker light
62 left front turn
5 right front turn
25 brake force display lights

lci headlight replacement:
move pin 6 to 1 for angel eye
move pin 8 to 11 for alc ground (skip if no alc)

on turn signal:
left
pin 1 connect to blue/ green ( blinker1) and move pin 68 on lm2 to 62
pin2 connect to blue/white (blinker2) and move pin63 on lm2 to 1

pin 1 connect to blue/ brown ( blinker1) and move pin 24 on lm2 to 5
pin2 connect to blue/gray (blinker2) and move pin 11 on lm2 to 2
pin 4 connect to gray/blue on headlight old angel eyes bulb connector and remove wire from pin 40 from lm2 connector and connect to terminal 30G inside car
for terminal 30G i used wire that gives power to drivers door soft close motor.

on lm2 connector remove pin 5 and 62, connect together and connect to pin 25
switch places wires 12 and 44, ( L fog and angel eye)
also wires 50 and 6 ( R fog and angel eye)

NCS:
expertmode
if needed adjust lm2 to your car VIN ( if you are retrofitting it. i had it already in my car so i skipped this part)
chenge date to 0308
fa write to cas and lm2
code lm2
done.

remember this is for people who will fit new headlights with 35w bulb. no errors, no switching off.
if you will not replace headlights then you will lose high beams with lci dedicated coding.
you can add relay and additional wiring to still switch them on from pin 48 on lm which is used to energize bixenon solenoids on headlights
What are the original pins? I can see that you only stated the new pin numbers but not the old ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was able to solve it. Pin #62 and Pin #5 on the LM1 is really my inner AE rings. Pin 62 and Pin 5 on the LM2 become the rear tail light leds. I just removed them and put in the new pins from the bmw retrofit cable. I still have to do the headlights though. I purchased a adapter online so I won't have to cut my orginal headlight connectors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was able to solve it. Pin #62 and Pin #5 on the LM1 is really my inner AE rings. Pin 62 and Pin 5 on the LM2 become the rear tail light leds. I just removed them and put in the new pins from the bmw retrofit cable. I still have to do the headlights though. I purchased a adapter online so I won't have to cut my orginal headlight connectors.
What P/N reference of bmw retrofit cable?
What adapter online?Where?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
From ebay.

It was listed as Part Number: 61120432110. This post is for the e63 model but I know all the E6X cars used the same LM and I hadn't seen anyone with a e60 with my situation so I decided to check here.

·
Registered
00 E39 M5; 07 E64 M6; 11 E70 X535D
85 Posts
One of my headlights was damaged so I will be retrofitting the LCI version on my 07 M6. From searching this and other forums it seems as it has been done but no information has been shared.

I am hoping some detail oriented people will subscribe and answer some of my general questions

First question I need answered but wont know until I get the new headlights is:

1 There is the main 12 position (Tyco MQS1,5 MPQ PIN HSG 12POS 1-1452337-1 (See pic 21)) on my pre-LCI pin # 1, 7, 11, 12 are N/U (not used). Which pins are populated on the LCI headlight?
from my research it seems pin # 6, 7 11, 12 SO LCI uses pin 1 but not 6... CAN anyone CONFIRM?

2 Regarding the Halo on the pre-LCI there is a separate, external the headlight housing, connection to a proprietary BMW bulb. How is the LCI H8 Halo bulb connected?
from my research best I can tell it is an internal connection to the headlight... CAN anyone CONFIRM?

3 When I move the the HighBeam stick, left of steering wheel, towards me, some might call it flash-to-pass the inner H7 bulbs are activated for as long as I hold the stick forward... When I push said stick forward or away from me this latches the BI-Xenon. What does the stick, in both directions, do on the LCI E63s?

Thanks
Denis
I have a quick question and hope you don't mind answering.

I have a 2007 BMW E64 M6 Production APR07. I looked on realOEM and it said the inner bulbs are H8, but when I went to take them out of the car they are H7. Am I missing something here? Is realOEM not correct?

My end goal is to upgrade the Angel Eyes bulbs, which I ordered the kit from ECS tunning LED's seems nice, but I have used LUX before, but when I emailed them they said they do not work for the E64's, so?

Next, I wanted to upgrade the High Beams, which I thought was the H7 and the low beams D2S.

In the end, I bought the H8 bulbs, H7 bulbs, D2S, and the LED's Angel Eyes - Ziza.

What is the main difference from the pre LCI and LCI?

Thank you again for your help.

Chris

121 - 138 of 138 Posts