BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Thanks al , with regard to the smc what I was saying is my headlights don't have it but I cant code it out despite not being on the vo etc - was fine with lm2

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It has the be the interaction between your LM(1) and the AHL's. Eliminating the AHL VO makes sense and the following line is already nicht_aktiv, so you got me. You could try making this aktiv. Although illogical, sometimes the lines are actually the opposite than what they appear.

CHECK_SMC_ERROR
nicht_aktiv

·
Registered
65 Posts
So I am going to attempt to re-do my setup to remove the adapter harness that was made. This seems like a pretty simple pin swap with maybe some minor coding to my LMA so it seems pretty straight forward. One question to the group though: for the AE pin swap-do you have any idea of the new connector part number I need? It seems there are 3 different ones? minor detail but I'd like to have everything ready to go for this :)

Thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was having so much trouble on one side I ended up making up a second plug for the light and then using butt crimps onto the cables that run to the car, it made the actual install into the car a lot easier.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am also in the process of installing lci lights on pre lci e64 in correct way
Front turns
Rear turns
Headlights

I have car already equipped with lm2 from factory- my car is 05.2007 european model

I searched wds and wrote down all changes to be done with installation.
However i found out that wiring diagrams for lci are wrong in wds and some info is missing.
There is nowhere diagram for pin 4 of front turn signal
Angel eyes wire for lci headlight is nowhere found in wiring diagrams. First i thought i found it but then i noticed its non lci version diagram even on 2009 e63 was chosen in wds

When doing factory lm2 coding for lci it makes some changes for its pinout.
I found out that after coding with ncs expert mode pin 12 and 50 which were high beam become front fog lights! Also this is true on wds, i just did not check fog lights because i was concentrating on lights to be changed.
Fog lights which were pin 6 and 44 become angel eyes output. As per diagram, angel eyes for older model are pin 25&40 and for newer model are 11&63 which is not true, also this is logical because lci angel eye bulb is 35 w and must use bigger connector pin like on fogs and high beams.
Brake force display does not use pin 62 and 5 any more, instead they get their power from pin 25 which previously was output for frontleft parking light ( thats why when i searched info on internet i read somewhere that somebody coded light module to lci and had his front park light acting as brake light)

I have it almost sorted out but have problems with right turn signals that blink fast even i tried to code manually out all error. Now it does not write me anything on main screen so coding works but it is still blinking fast. I will try to figure it out next week hopefully.
Strange it throws errors for front turn and additional turn signal- which has regular bulb in it.

Seems that BMW has made all it can to prevent lci conversion of e63/4 for regular mortals.
My biggest question is: can anybody with lci from factory, tell me color coding on light modules connector and front turn signal connectors?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats why pyro is also having problems with lights after coding to lci on lm2. His wiring is wrong because different pinout between lm1 and 2

·
Registered
565 Posts
I am also in the process of installing lci lights on pre lci e64 in correct way
Front turns
Rear turns
Headlights

I have car already equipped with lm2 from factory- my car is 05.2007 european model

I searched wds and wrote down all changes to be done with installation.
However i found out that wiring diagrams for lci are wrong in wds and some info is missing.
There is nowhere diagram for pin 4 of front turn signal
Angel eyes wire for lci headlight is nowhere found in wiring diagrams. First i thought i found it but then i noticed its non lci version diagram even on 2009 e63 was chosen in wds

When doing factory lm2 coding for lci it makes some changes for its pinout.
I found out that after coding with ncs expert mode pin 12 and 50 which were high beam become front fog lights! Also this is true on wds, i just did not check fog lights because i was concentrating on lights to be changed.
Fog lights which were pin 6 and 44 become angel eyes output. As per diagram, angel eyes for older model are pin 25&40 and for newer model are 11&63 which is not true, also this is logical because lci angel eye bulb is 35 w and must use bigger connector pin like on fogs and high beams.
Brake force display does not use pin 62 and 5 any more, instead they get their power from pin 25 which previously was output for frontleft parking light ( thats why when i searched info on internet i read somewhere that somebody coded light module to lci and had his front park light acting as brake light)

I have it almost sorted out but have problems with right turn signals that blink fast even i tried to code manually out all error. Now it does not write me anything on main screen so coding works but it is still blinking fast. I will try to figure it out next week hopefully.
Strange it throws errors for front turn and additional turn signal- which has regular bulb in it.

Seems that BMW has made all it can to prevent lci conversion of e63/4 for regular mortals.
My biggest question is: can anybody with lci from factory, tell me color coding on light modules connector and front turn signal connectors?
You might want to spend mote time researching your questions and issues. Much of the info is available here and on bmwcoding.com. As a head start, here is the front turn signal wiring needed for a proper install.
View attachment CIC front blinker Wiring.pdf

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry mate, its not a correct way that bmw uses on lci. Pin 4 is connected to terminal 30g somewhere in car. But where?
I am doing advanced install not just connecting lights and coding out errors manually.
I have read everything on these two forums at least for a week already, there is no ansver to my question yet. Also googled all possible keywords that came in my mind.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sorry mate, its not a correct way that bmw uses on lci. Pin 4 is connected to terminal 30g somewhere in car. But where?
You are incorrect. I have no idea what you consider an "Advanced Install" but I have done 2 cars this way, and many others have also used this method.. This is the correct diagram. There are only 3 wires that connect to the light. Parking light, Directional and Ground. Follow this diagram and it will work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
does BMW factory connect two diodes to turn signal wiring? i know that turn signal will lit up the way you suggest with non lci coding on lm, but i am looking to do it the way BMW does on LCI model.

have you coded lcm2 to lci with these installs? do you know that coding will change PWM signal to front turns and corner lights so that your scheme will not work? pin 4 should be pernament power not pulsed.
i mean ncs- expertmode- change VO to LCI- code lcm, not manually coded out lamp faults?

can you point out section in wds where it shows angel eye lights connection to lcm in lci model? or turn signal pin 4 connection? a simple screenshot? i took at least couple hours and did not find:dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
found solution with trial and error. BMW has moved front right turn indicator to pin 5 on lm2 on its LCI models. no wiring diagram shows it anywhere. basically pins 5 and 62 which were brake force display output become front turn indicators, pin 62 is correct on wds, pin 5 is not there, its 24 instead
possible to repin lm connector and code with expert mode to lci. no need of manually switch off faults, everything can be coded automatically in 10 seconds

·
Registered
34 Posts
writeup for full lci lights conversion: front and rear turns, headlights
no resistors, no diodes needed.

e63/4 lci lm2 pinout:
12 left fog
50 right fog
44 left angel eye 35w bulb
6 right angel eye 35w bulb
1 left sidemarker light
2 right sidemarker light
62 left front turn
5 right front turn
25 brake force display lights

lci headlight replacement:
move pin 6 to 1 for angel eye
move pin 8 to 11 for alc ground (skip if no alc)

on turn signal:
left
pin 1 connect to blue/ green ( blinker1) and move pin 68 on lm2 to 62
pin2 connect to blue/white (blinker2) and move pin63 on lm2 to 1
pin 3 connect to brown wire (blinker 1 or 2)
pin 4 connect to gray/green on headlight old angel eyes bulb connector and remove wire from pin 25 from lm2 connector and connect to terminal 30G inside car

pin 1 connect to blue/ brown ( blinker1) and move pin 24 on lm2 to 5
pin2 connect to blue/gray (blinker2) and move pin 11 on lm2 to 2
pin 3 connect to brown wire (blinker 1 or 2)
pin 4 connect to gray/blue on headlight old angel eyes bulb connector and remove wire from pin 40 from lm2 connector and connect to terminal 30G inside car
for terminal 30G i used wire that gives power to drivers door soft close motor.

on lm2 connector remove pin 5 and 62, connect together and connect to pin 25
switch places wires 12 and 44, ( L fog and angel eye)
also wires 50 and 6 ( R fog and angel eye)

NCS:
expertmode
if needed adjust lm2 to your car VIN ( if you are retrofitting it. i had it already in my car so i skipped this part)
chenge date to 0308
fa write to cas and lm2
code lm2
done.

remember this is for people who will fit new headlights with 35w bulb. no errors, no switching off.
if you will not replace headlights then you will lose high beams with lci dedicated coding.
you can add relay and additional wiring to still switch them on from pin 48 on lm which is used to energize bixenon solenoids on headlights

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks Patrick, I'm having some electric issues with one of my headlights at the moment and this will enable me to check the wiring is correct.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Has anyone done this? Patrick S - big problem spent the afternoon repining and now the turn signals barely work they just flash very dim? any ideas? worked fine on lm1 pre swapping the wires?

·
Registered
34 Posts
you have to give power to pin 4 on front turn signals. did you do this?
no diodes any more!
read carefully my post about repinning front turns!

101 - 120 of 138 Posts