BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my headlights was damaged so I will be retrofitting the LCI version on my 07 M6. From searching this and other forums it seems as it has been done but no information has been shared.

I am hoping some detail oriented people will subscribe and answer some of my general questions

First question I need answered but wont know until I get the new headlights is:

1 There is the main 12 position (Tyco MQS1,5 MPQ PIN HSG 12POS 1-1452337-1 (See pic 21)) on my pre-LCI pin # 1, 7, 11, 12 are N/U (not used). Which pins are populated on the LCI headlight?
from my research it seems pin # 6, 7 11, 12 SO LCI uses pin 1 but not 6... CAN anyone CONFIRM?

2 Regarding the Halo on the pre-LCI there is a separate, external the headlight housing, connection to a proprietary BMW bulb. How is the LCI H8 Halo bulb connected?
from my research best I can tell it is an internal connection to the headlight... CAN anyone CONFIRM?

3 When I move the the HighBeam stick, left of steering wheel, towards me, some might call it flash-to-pass the inner H7 bulbs are activated for as long as I hold the stick forward... When I push said stick forward or away from me this latches the BI-Xenon. What does the stick, in both directions, do on the LCI E63s?

Thanks
Denis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
subscribed - I have two lci headlights I need to fit however they don't turn the corners so not sure if its a no go? I will have a go when I have more time... may be worth you messaging dtm996c5 he has helped a few others with this

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My LCI headlights will be here this weekend and ill post the re-pin how to convert the harness. As far a help from certain people i am not interested in someone making a PNP harness and trying to sell it at an outlandish price or refusal to post the schematic.

i will post my schematic when complete

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
So what did you need to do ? Do any of the ballasts swap over or do I need new ones? Are yours adaptive? Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there dxdenis02
I have also been looking for that conversion to LCI headlights in a year or so.
I have bought the headlights last month, the taillights and the LED blinker i have too.
Can you please share your informations ?
Are your headlights the adaptive headlights, with curvelight ?
Thank´s in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
so I had to replace my lights cause some clown in jersey ruined it cause i had the bright idea of blacking out the amber.... so i went for LCI headlights.... no one here gave any REAL info

i was offered a harness for $800 which is robbery.. another clown D..own T..o take M..y money 966

so herrrreeeee we go........

step 1 repin the harness move pin 8 to pin 11 why for the Adaptive function to work

step 2 take your halo wire harness and move pin 1 to pin 1 of the headlight harness

new parts needed

d1s bulbs and ballasts... reuse the SMCs
Beautiful angel eyes LEDs 10W H8 from LUX (great guy)

coding

if your doing tails and turns... man your gonna have tons of errors to code out zerocks covers most but for the headlights you need to code out the highbeams H7 and code in

LMA module
BI_XENON_BEI_LH
aktiv

that will give you flash to pass on the xenons a la MY 08+ (again thanks to zerocks for answering me in a few hours)

ENJOY! dont pay for harness

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
soft close and BSW upgrade

Lock, complete, left SCA 1 09/2006 51217202159
Lock, complete, right SCA 1 09/2006 51217202162
Adapter plate, left SCA 1 09/2006 51217174635
Adapter plate, right SCA 1 09/2006 51217174636
Self-locking hex nut M6 6 09/2006 64509123157

here is the BOM (build of materials) needed. now if someone who is truly interested in this, please go to your door jam and see if there is a wire in PIN 31 should be red with a green strip (right side) or red with brown strip (left side)

if not we need to get a wire there... i'll have more details when some of you guys tell me what you have

ill be doing BSW speakers in parallel w soft close

opinions on BSW welcome i cant justify a DIRAC upgrade

i did order DIRAC speaker covers as i like the (silver) titanII instead of the blahhh (black) SCHWARZ covers

·
Registered
39 Posts
dxdenis02
If you don´t have the Connector to the softclose in your doors, you need to look for a Tyco connector.
I was looking in realoem.com for hours, and i didn´t findt them Oem.
Some forums write a Oem. BMW part number, but they are not the real connector, the connector they write about is for the engine bay ( i don´t remember exact what in the engine bay ).
Sorry i can´t help with the Tyco number at the moment, because i´m in China, and my info are on my pc at home !!
I just got the Softclose parts this week too.
I bought them in Germany, they are not so exspensive though.
Looking forward to hear about the Dirac upgrade, i´m going to do the same too, but as i travel a lot the next 4 months, it will not be in the next 4 months.
And again, thank´s a lot for the info.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Question - do you know how to tell of your lci headlights are adaptive or not and if your pres are and lcis aren't can you still get them to work?

·
8,376 Posts
The reason no one here provided answers to your questions is because to the best of my knowledge - there is only one guy here that has successfully upgraded his pre LCI headlights to LCI.

And he wasnt able to share detailed information with us on the mod because he said his mechanic did it and his mechanic wont share the details.

So thank you for sharing your information. This would help a lot of members because I know a few members here would like to do this upgrade.

Job well done and thank you again.

And yes, Zerocks1 is a great guy.

so I had to replace my lights cause some clown in jersey ruined it cause i had the bright idea of blacking out the amber.... so i went for LCI headlights.... no one here gave any REAL info

i was offered a harness for $800 which is robbery.. another clown D..own T..o take M..y money 966

so herrrreeeee we go........

step 1 repin the harness move pin 8 to pin 11 why for the Adaptive function to work

step 2 take your halo wire harness and move pin 1 to pin 1 of the headlight harness

new parts needed

d1s bulbs and ballasts... reuse the SMCs
Beautiful angel eyes LEDs 10W H8 from LUX (great guy)

coding

if your doing tails and turns... man your gonna have tons of errors to code out zerocks covers most but for the headlights you need to code out the highbeams H7 and code in

LMA module
BI_XENON_BEI_LH
aktiv

that will give you flash to pass on the xenons a la MY 08+ (again thanks to zerocks for answering me in a few hours)

ENJOY! dont pay for harness

·
Registered
39 Posts
pyro225
I´m almost sure that you need to loook into E60 coding, if you want to retrofit the adaptive headlights.
Try to look into the German forums if you can read German.
Or maybe look at www.bmwcoding.com

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dxdenis02
If you don´t have the Connector to the softclose in your doors, you need to look for a Tyco connector.
I was looking in realoem.com for hours, and i didn´t findt them Oem.
Some forums write a Oem. BMW part number, but they are not the real connector, the connector they write about is for the engine bay ( i don´t remember exact what in the engine bay ).
Sorry i can´t help with the Tyco number at the moment, because i´m in China, and my info are on my pc at home !!
I just got the Softclose parts this week too.
I bought them in Germany, they are not so exspensive though.
Looking forward to hear about the Dirac upgrade, i´m going to do the same too, but as i travel a lot the next 4 months, it will not be in the next 4 months.
And again, thank´s a lot for the info.
kgi

i actually have the tyco catalog and crimp tool at work but i do have BMW part numbers but i don't want to release that yet until i verify everything. the BOM i released is definitely required parts

as far as the connector in the doors if you look at the jam and see PIN 31 populated that will tell you if it is or isnt in the door w/o having to take the panel off

1 - 20 of 138 Posts