Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changed to protect the innocent

[This message has been edited by csajl (edited 23 February 2001).]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not sure about the States, however, if you're in Toronto, Canada, unless you're dealing with an extremely nasty judge, the cop van won't stand a case without any device clocking you at 50mph. Bare naked eye and "sounding fast" doesn't stand in court here.

You probably won't need a real lawyer to handle this, don't you guys have ticket fighting companies?

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
The real irony in your story is the fact that the cop was also doing 40mph in a 25...I would suggest filing a complaint with Internal Affairs. Was there any need for the officer to be doing that speed? Two wrongs don't make a right.

-Chris

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[snip]...if you're around here, plus the drive down 280 can be stimulating. <grin>

[This message has been edited by csajl (edited 23 February 2001).]

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I have great memories of sunny days with all of the windows down and the sunroof open, music blaring, reldine 4th gear coming up hard as I jolt down sandhill road 280 Southbound

God I love 280. From 880x280 all the way up to 92, it's too much fun.

--Dan

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Man,

I know how you feel... I LOVE the 280.. I am doing the Sand Hill to S.F. trip once or twice a week at off peek hours, and even with my Audi it is a blast. I can't wait for December, when I get the M5..

Going over the 2 bumps (0.5 mile before the 92 intercahnge - Northbound) at speeds of over 100mph is BLAST!!! oh mama!!

A.

01/Silver/Silverstone-SPORT/w/everything/Can't-wait/December/

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Tell me about it. Where it just flattens out into 5 lanes (and then 7 with the exit lanes for 92) and the reservoir is on the right (northbound), GOD. I'v pretty much memorized CHP patterns in the area (esp. since i got my ticket on 92).

So many good road races on 280. Did you know it's officially the "most scenic freeway" ... altho I think 1 should be (when you can see anyways).

If you've ever got 15 minutes worth of detour time, get off on Canada road from 280. Then when you go down the way towards the water, make a right at the T. just RIDE THAT ROAD like mad! it's edgewood, or so it becomes. you can turn around and get back onto 280 when it hits 92. takes about 15 minutes total detour time, but you can easily hit 130 there (until you see the red & blue anyways
It's a quick little scenic blast. Not time consuming, but gets the adrenaline going

--Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts