BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was a nice day in new york and decided to give the M a quick cleaning before I took it for my daily drive to the gym, girlfriends, food and everything. Im at the light with one of my friends and had my traction off. (my tractions usualy never off because its terrible off the line. wayy to much wheel spin) i have P500 sport. edc2, s6, with my traction off, a/c off and full tank of gas with an octane booster. I decided to try a new way to launch. With my traction off i hold one foot on the break and one on the gas giving it enough throttle to engage the clutch but not spinning my tires at a stop. soon as the light turned green i punched it. verry minimum tire hop and no huge burn out like usual, since i got the car in october i havent really hit it on days where it was 65 + degrees. I shot off the line veryy quick made a perfect shift into 2nd (spun a little) and i was gone. good method for me since my tires arent exactly new and launching off the line makes me feel like the world will start spinning backwards if i gripped. try it!:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
so the difference being your foot on the brake? and as soon as you gunned it, you just let go of the brake?

·
Registered
836 Posts
He was using the brake to stop the car from rolling a little when he engaged clutch (by touching throttle).
I use this method if the tires and ambient temps are cool to avoid too much wheelspin. In the real warm weather I can usually use launch control and modulate throttle well enough w/o too much spin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts