BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a way you can blip the ecu to give you a higher launch rpm from 1500rpm to 2500? I know with the euro tune it can go to 4k but I don't think after so many consecutive launches with the proper wheel and tire set up its good for the rear end and transmission. I'm currently in a project of trying to get my car to hook on the street correctly, it's great to have 500rwhp but it needs to hook to be worth a damn with a higher launch than just 1500rpm

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm not sure how much adjustment is possible on the US model but when your car is in launch mode you can use the cruise control bar to adjust the launching RPM.

hope that helps,

John

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Does anyone know if its hard on the tranny when your at a stop with the rpm's revving while in launch mode or does it only do damage when you actually take off.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Does anyone know if its hard on the tranny when your at a stop with the rpm's revving while in launch mode or does it only do damage when you actually take off.
It shouldn't do any harm to your tranny at all since the way it works is by dropping the clutch at launching RPM.
What I'm not sure about is whether engaging the launch mode triggers the system to record it as LC used (which could result in voiding warranty in European models).

Reactions: built240

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
It shouldn't do any harm to your tranny at all since the way it works is by dropping the clutch at launching RPM.
What I'm not sure about is whether engaging the launch mode triggers the system to record it as LC used (which could result in voiding warranty in European models).

Agreed though, since no wear would be incurred until the clutch dumped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts