BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the latest in tuning? Looking at getting an f10 soon and plan to do exhaust and tune

Happy for around 700hp at the flywheel

Do we still need to send dmes in??? What is draw back of piggyback? Id prefer a flash tune

Any feedback please, thank you

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Whats the latest in tuning? Looking at getting an f10 soon and plan to do exhaust and tune

Happy for around 700hp at the flywheel

Do we still need to send dmes in??? What is draw back of piggyback? Id prefer a flash tune

Any feedback please, thank you
I'm guessing you're based in the US?

In the UK we have DMS & Evolve who both offer Stage 2 Custom tunes to around 750bhp (flywheel) & 700lbsft. In the US for whatever reason, the market appears to favour & only offer piggyback tunes & are several threads on here regarding them.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Australia

Why would anyone piggyback? How would the car really know whats happening?

A local
Company does ess tuning in house

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Australia

Why would anyone piggyback? How would the car really know whats happening?

A local
Company does ess tuning in house
The main advantage as i see it is you can just remove the piggyback device when the car goes into a dealer for a service or warranty work.

That said, my DMS Stage 2 tune has been on my car for over 18mths & the Stage 1 tune was on for the 6mths prior & my car's never been pulled to one side when in the dealers for servicing or warranty work.

Personally, give the differences in stock power/torque of these cars, i for one would rather my car be custom tuned rather than receive generic coding/piggy back. That said, I've not heard bad things about the main piggyback tunes available but have heard a tune custom tune would be the preferred method.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks both

Waiting to here from mark at evolve

I have budget of 5000-10000 australian for exhaust and tune

(I want it loud!)

Around 700hp should be fine

·
Registered
36 Posts
700 HP please don update with a video if possible would love to see the beast in action 0.0

·
Registered
210 Posts
We offer piggyback and ECU flash for the F10 ... ECU flash will require that you send your ECU for the first time only

For daily drivers, JB4 is still the best option

If you are serious about racing, i recommend JB4 + BM3 flash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts