BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up two S65's.. AMG not M, but you can't hate because there is nothing to hate about these.. amazing cars, done the AMG way.
One is metallic blue, the other metallic black. The blue is not detailed, so it looks like a normal gloss color. Very anxious to detail it and see it's true color. The black car is detailed though. These are amazing vehicles.. the technology incorporated into the car is amazing (what MBZ is known for). The B&O sound system is a very nice upgrade, it thumps. They drive great, feel much better than the priors, and the LED upgrades (head/rear lights) are very nice also.. really have nothing bad to say about the S65 AMG.. it's a monster and extremely luxurious, with just enough sport characteristics when you need it.

It's interesting to look back on the same time last year: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/141691-m5s-new-garagemate.html

Here are the MY2011's:
Designo Mystic Blue ON Porcelain WITH Black Lacquor Trim
Designo Platinum Black ON Porcelain WITH White Lacquor Trim

These photos are pretty bad.. taken with an iPhone4 in bad lighting. Here they are regardless:

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
328 Posts
They both look great. If you don't mind me asking, why did you buy two ?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I'm assuming his and her's. Did you cross shop the 760 or Alpina B7?

Either way, u ballin' :)

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Wow...I'm so beyond jealous!!!! I drove an S65 this last summer and it is just insane! Just curious, why did you pick up 2/why did you trade in your white one? Great color choices btw.

afc1

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The S65's live in different garages in different states.. this is the only time they'll be together as they're being prepped (radars,detail,etc).
I did look into the B7, I like it a lot. I like even more that DINAN has a tune that allows the B7 to become a lot closer to the S65, which is perfect. Seriously considering the 2011 Alpina B7, which may have a home in FL.

·
Registered
266 Posts
well it is only common sense that if you are going to be in two different places that you would need 2 of the finest rides on the planet. congrats & envy.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Exactly :D :goldcup:

I was actually thinking of your two S65 AMG the other day and thought to myself, they´re gorgeous, but too bad they aren't the facelifted once which looks so much better with the LED rearlights (looks like a U on its side) and the LED in front. But now you corrected it lovelove

CONGRATS! :thumbsup:

well it is only common sense that if you are going to be in two different places that you would need 2 of the finest rides on the planet. congrats & envy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congrats, they're both gorgeous :)

Reactions: DavisM5

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
BTW ILl have the blue S65 AMG please :D Can we see some bettter pics of the interiours by night? Is it a new interiour illiumination incl. the BO sound system?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW ILl have the blue S65 AMG please :D Can we see some bettter pics of the interiours by night? Is it a new interiour illiumination incl. the BO sound system?
You don't see the 19 photos including the interiors at night (blue illumination), the B&O Speaker's in A-Pillar, and the B&O in the door?

I'll attach some more photos of the lights.. they are by far (in my opinion) the best LED setup on a car.. DRL's look great and overall especially at night.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Its the BO illumination and also overall illumination that is a little hard to sense what how it looks like in person.

You don't see the 19 photos including the interiors at night (blue illumination), the B&O Speaker's in A-Pillar, and the B&O in the door?

I'll attach some more photos of the lights.. they are by far (in my opinion) the best LED setup on a car.. DRL's look great and overall especially at night.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its the BO illumination and also overall illumination that is a little hard to sense what how it looks like in person.
You can see both in the photos, but I know. These photos are horrible.. to say the least. I don't the camera here in NJ that I used for the M5's photo shoot in FL.. wish I did though - these cars are amazing.

I'm going to try and find one to borrow, then take photos after the Mystic Blue S65 is detailed tomorrow.. can't wait to see that car come to life, I haven't seen the metallic in the paint yet... hasn't been touched from factory.

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Yes! I wish BMW had similar blue in their ordinary palette for the BMW M cars. Interlagos is not so deep and most of the Individual ones are so DARK blue :(

You can see both in the photos, but I know. These photos are horrible.. to say the least. I don't the camera here in NJ that I used for the M5's photo shoot in FL.. wish I did though - these cars are amazing.

I'm going to try and find one to borrow, then take photos after the Mystic Blue S65 is detailed tomorrow.. can't wait to see that car come to life, I haven't seen the metallic in the paint yet... hasn't been touched from factory.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts