BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and 640 Nm of torque. The 530 HP are from two different sources BUT not that reliable though.

What is reliable is a guy in northern Sweden who saw both the M5 and M6 and said it wasnt possible to have his hand between the wheel and the brakes, front or back brakes lovelove

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The wait is killing me goddamit :confused3 :crying:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too. We need to have group buys on psychologists if they wont show us anyting in Geneva :haha:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Eh 530? what happened to 550? oh wells we'll just have to wait and see...

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
530 sounds brilliant, i will be happy with 500 but over the moon with 550!

all the best
adam

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
That's funny Adam, I thought you'd be used to 550bhp by now :hihi:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
That's funny Adam, I thought you'd be used to 550bhp by now :hihi:
My source from bmw in switzerland, told me the new M5 will be called the "M5 CS" (not csl). The M5 is OFFICIALLY confirmed to debut in the geneva car show as a "showcar". Ideas....?

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
530 sounds great. 640nm=472 ft/lbs?!!! OMG!!! :flag: thats about 100 more than the current V8.

I dont doubt the source, but why would BMW use the "CS" which stands for "coupe" and "sport". Its already "sport" by being an "M" and its being a sedan means its not a coupe.

I think they will make a light weight version in limited numbers ala the M3 CSL. Maybe they will make a "M5L"....

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats is incorrect :( BMW Germany called me and said no news on the M5 other than the premiere in autumn 2004.

But I have a feeling they want to surprise with the showcar. How do you have a pressrelease about a car which is half-finished?

myofb said:
The M5 is OFFICIALLY confirmed to debut in the geneva car show as a "showcar". Ideas....?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I have leaked numbers! There have been so many rumors about the HP figures I am going to go mad. 530 does sound nice, but then so did 550, 493, etc. I cant wait till BMW finally states something concrete. I look forward to hearing what is going on under the hood of the next M5.
M5 CS, sorry to laugh, but that is rich. I guess it is time to take out the arc welder and close those rear doors off... :thumbsup: (sorry to poke fun, it's just inherently humorous)
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The famous ///M5 badging is all that is required. Such an automotive icon needs no other letter or symbols to clutter things. 530HP and 470ft/lbs are awesome specs on a NA motor. Bring it on.:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I agree with Terk - bring it on! :noSMG: :flag:

·
Registered
857 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
I dont doubt the source, but why would BMW use the "CS" which stands for "coupe" and "sport". Its already "sport" by being an "M" and its being a sedan means its not a coupe.
Maybe they should call it SS. For Sedan and Sport. The M5 SS, you'd think it was a Chevy :D :hihi:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree, that is a nono for a Bavarian and German company for years to come. I've heard Jaguar dropped those intitals in the 30's from their cars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts