BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks good to me. I'll still likely do rod bearings this year for peace of mind as I'm just about at 80k miles.

Previous report looked fine also, but with an odd amount of Nickel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no clue how to read these things.
HAha basically you look at your numbers and compare them to the averages to see if they're high. If they are, then you may need to get some service done (i.e. high lead or copper is typically a good indicator that rod bearings are about due).

Awesome Randy!!! :flag: Great report buddy
Thanks, Senad! I'm trying to decide if I want to get my rod bearings changed out just for peace of mind or if I want to wait longer....and get something like a BBK instead lol. Or I guess I could go for the LTH. Those are the last two things on my list for my M5

·
2,149 Posts
That's a good question, i would leave to that to the more experts esp with results from that oil test you got the past two times, its been pretty solid!

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,509 Posts
Randy...you know my thoughts already for peace of mind. You won't need big brakes on an engine that's not running.

BBKs don't go up in price exponentially if you wait too long to get them. ;)
2x on that Jim!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats!

Reactions: randywei

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BBKs don't go up in price exponentially if you wait too long to get them. ;)
Randy...you know my thoughts already for peace of mind. You won't need big brakes on an engine that's not running.

2x on that Jim!
Completely agree with you both. Woody, we already discussed my plan. I'm going to ride out the rest of this 5k mile oil interval and then get my rod bearings changed out when I bring in my car for an oil change. Peace of mind >>> BBK

But......maybe I'll do a BBK at the same time depending on how I feel lol. Early Xmas gift to myself perhaps.

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long did it take to get the results from the day you mailed off the sample?
Well we did have Labor Day on Monday...I just got the results today. I mailed them via FedEx last Monday. Might try USPS next time. FedEx and UPS are both equally slow...takes about 4 days for it to arrive at Blackstone Labs. Then like another 2-3 days after receipt to get your results.

·
Registered
422 Posts
How long did it take to get the results from the day you mailed off the sample?
My sample arrived at 12pm EST today and I got my report back at 5:00pm EST. They will test your sample the same day if you send it next day shipping.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,509 Posts
My sample arrived at 12pm EST today and I got my report back at 5:00pm EST. They will test your sample the same day if you send it next day shipping.
Same here...I usually ship my sample via 2-day. They will test and have it posted on their site the next day.

Revo, one of our other members, sent them his sample via USPS...and it was lost.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here...I usually ship my sample via 2-day. They will test and have it posted on their site the next day.

Revo, one of our other members, sent them his sample via USPS...and it was lost.
Well...I guess I won't do USPS next time!! I'll stick with UPS or FedEx. UPS I think was like $12 for 4/5 day and FedEx was $8 for 4 day.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn I did USPS last friday. They should have received it yesterday. Oh well. I hope my numbers turn out like yours or better. Then I can buy them wheels.
hahaha good one!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts