BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at making the LI plunge and curious if it makes more sense to go without he high powered dual heads, or the regular quad heads for rear protection? I'm not sure how often laser comes from the rear, so having the high powered heads upfront might be preferable.

Also, jammers are illegal in MN. So I'd opt for the parking sensor button in case I'd need to demo the system. Also, has anyone tried this for the ultimate stealth install?

A-Bond systems - Stealth install kit for double head laser jammers Blinder M20,M25

This moves the heads up and down for a complete stealth look. Any ideas/opinions on this? Looks like it might be a tough install by perhaps taking the bumper off, but would be nice if needing to hide them from LEO.

Any suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Why do you need high-powered? You drive an M5, not a truck.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you need high-powered? You drive an M5, not a truck.
Haha well not sure. I just assumed the high powered heads provide better protection. If they're not necessary with a M5, then maybe I'll save some cash and get the regular powered dual head setup. I'm just not convinced laser protection is needed from the rear.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Well it surely will be more powerful but the standard one is plenty from what I gather (see the testimonials in this forum).

As far as the rear is concerned, I'd consider a single head mounted by the license plate. Yes, 2 would be fine but, like you said, getting hit from the rear is the exception rather than the rule.

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
FYI, a mount below the bumper is non-optimal (e.g. you crest a hill and LEO can target your headlight/front-plate before your LI becomes aware). Find out if they shoot from the rear where you drive. Some localities do.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Where I live in Seattle highway patrol often sit on carpool on ramps that enter from the fast lane and laser from behind. I would do front and rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts