BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a US E39 M5 and I noticed the OBC settings have 2 language options: English and Spanish. In the owners manual there is a picture of the settings submenu of the OBC and it shows 3 language selections. Does anyone know if its possible to add another language? Specifically, I am interested in French.

Thanks,

ALX

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have several language choices available on my M5. I bought my car in the Czech Republic, so maybe they configure the obc differently. I am not sure what all the choices are, but will check when I take my baby out this weekend for another jaunt. I assume, since I have a number of choices (Czech, English and German are definitely among them), that there is a way for your dealer to program in extra languages.

I'll post on Sunday what languages are available on my obc. Happy driving!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got back from a nice drive -- the car is sooo sweet. I checked my obc language choices. I thought I had more, but there are only 2. Interestingly, they are GB (English) and French. No kidding. And, I bought my car in the Czech Republic. I'm very surprised if they only gave me 2 choices that (i) Czech is not one of them (no loss; I speak almost no Czech) and (ii) German is not a choice (many Czechs speak German not English). In any event, if I have French as a choice, there must be a way for your dealer to change it for you. Let me know how you make out. Happy driving!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the update Ken. I'm going to the dealership this week (cd changer died) and I'll post results.

ALX

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the dealership this week and asked about only having two languages on my US E39 M5. I was told that it is possible to download a third language to the OBC. So I have an appointment, albeit at the end of April, to have French added as a language selection to my OBC. The funny thing is the service representative was surprised to hear I only had 2 languages to begin with. I'll post results after my appointment.

ALX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts