BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a change of language on the dashboard display. Yesterday whilst making my way to London, 'TYRE DEFECT' flashed up. So I stopped at the next service station and check the tyres and air pressures, I guess the air guage must have been wrong as all 4 tyres came back at 28 psi, (well low on what I normally run), so inflated back to 35psi just to be sure I wasn't running low.

Anyway on the return journey have driven a rather quick Brentford to Bristol (50 Mins) along the M4 the following flashed up on the dashboard 'Reifenpanne' :confused: . Got home and checked what this actually meant and from the Babel fish Web Translation it was supposed to be flat tyre.

Well checked all 4 this morning and all okay, but has anybody else had this experience of messages coming up in German when normally be in English. Is this a symptom of something more serious ? Or do I now have to go to night school to study German just in case messages re-appear in German??zzzzz

One final question, is it possible that have been driven high speed for such a long time that when I actually got to a built up area and travelled somewhat more sedately the tyres were cooling back down altering and reducing the air pressure and triggered the warning ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
When you driving fast for long time the pressure in the tires might be increasing but it's normal.

I had the same problem with the message (not the language) and my tires was fine , next day the problem disappear.

I have advice to you : check all the fuse in your car , or disconnect the battery for a moment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts