BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from the private showing of the Murcielago replacement in NYC. I must say, this new car is EPIC. Shares nothing with the current car. All new push-rod suspension, carbon fiber monocoque and loads of tech in a car that is lighter (much lighter) than its predecessor. It have jetfighter influences with very sharp lines... all in the tradition of Lamborghini. I love it. Anyway, check out the teaser.

I will be going to Geneva--Gustav, hope to see you there. Should get some great footage for the public debut of this beast!

NO Competitors!--S. Winkelmann

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
If it really produces 700 horsepower, it will still be no match for the Bugatti Veyron.
It's not supposed to be. There are very few players at that level. This is Lamborghini's flagship exotic and is meant to be sold at much higher volume; it's not a "supercar" / "hypercar".

But anyway I bet it will still bring quite the fight to the Veyron!

·
Registered
168 Posts
+ On a track the veyron should be much slower than the new lambo. It will be epic , as the threadstarter states.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not supposed to be. There are very few players at that level. This is Lamborghini's flagship exotic and is meant to be sold at much higher volume; it's not a "supercar" / "hypercar".

But anyway I bet it will still bring quite the fight to the Veyron!
I agree. The Veyron is a worthy car but not everything is about top speed. Most of the exotics will tell you they will never get to push their cars to their limits. I can certainly attest to that. Not sure I really want to unless I am on the track and have had great instruction.

At any rate, Happy New Year everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts