BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my m5 is a rocketship most of the time but some times she does not feel right she does not want to rev the same and pull the same anyone have any ideas put new plugs in did not help:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
MAF test instructions in the link Vason kindly attached.
I guess he gave you the link to avoid excessive wear on the Search function :1zhelp:.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
my car was doing the same and after a litle research I got the car to feel the same all the time, everytime I step on the throttle now the response is instantinious even better than stock

I put new Denso iridium plugs and coils,
IATS relocation kit
SPAL electric fan conversion

the fan conversion made a big difference power wise especially when the motor is hot, also the IATS is responsible for making the car feel quick all the time due to timing advance regarding of the temperature

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
IATS is intake air temperature sensor,I got mine from Beastpower.com about 2 years ago,
SPAL is the brand of the electric fan that I installed in place of the stock one

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
being a twostroke engine tuner i can understand the air intake sensor but the life of me the fan one is clen over the top of my head as to why it would make such a difference

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
since the clutch type fan that we have is turning from the engine(parasitic drag)
when the motor/weather is hot it can take(rob) the engine as much as 20-25hp to spin the clutch fan,
going electric frees up almost all that hp

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
check to see if you have any codes with a peake code reader. If you don't have access to one, visit your local auto parts store, they generally will read them for free for you.

G/L

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
see wot ya saying but ireland never that warm i can hear the fan cut in when start cold ie the roar off but being cold cold er cuts out very fast prob not an issue,went on beast power there and prob will get the sensor kit prob check out mafs too thanks for your and everyones help bottoms up to ya all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts