BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and while I have a 540 I believe there's more KW V3 users here.
What length adjusters do you recommend?
And, anything else I should know about installing these?
thanks,
Lewy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the KW V3 can be adjusted using an allen key inserted in the top of the shock. Hard to access in the rear. the remote adjusters are a flexible shaft that attaches to the top so you you can adjust them without parcel shelf disassembly. Sorry, I'm not good at attaching photos.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not sure you want to go this route, but I used some model car universal joints and stainless rod to make remote adjusters for my GC rear coilovers. They work great and no need to put a hole in the speakers. You could do something similar with a piece of hex on the bottom that would fit into your KW adjuster. Maybe use a little epoxy to hold the short piece of hex into the adjuster.

!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Philly, I looked at your solution when this idea started. which led me to KW's own adjusters. Unfortunately, KW has not been very helpful. About how long are yours? Do you leave them in the car?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I show the length of the rod in the thread pics. I am not sure the total length with the u-joint, but you could likely guestimate that pretty good. I leave this adjuster in all the time. It really convenient to adjust if I need to. On long trips with some lousy roads I sometimes lessen damping like 1/4 turn or so, but most of the time I just leave it where it is since I like how I tuned it originally. You could likely leave off the rear deck for initial tuning. Drive it for like a week or two like that and see how you want it set. Then put the rear deck on. Or do the remote adjusters like I did or with the KW ones. Up to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the KW V3 can be adjusted using an allen key inserted in the top of the shock. Hard to access in the rear. the remote adjusters are a flexible shaft that attaches to the top so you you can adjust them without parcel shelf disassembly. Sorry, I'm not good at attaching photos.
Ah I see, my v3’s are different, there’s a knob to turn on the bottom of my shocks. Do you adjust them quite often? Ive set them once and forgot about them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts