BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:Sorry everyone I just find out the way to post a new thread, can we discuss this mater<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Will hi everybody, her is my problem with KW, V2 I installed them from 2 weeks and her is the big miss. I have MMR Wheels 20" F 8.5 R 10 tires F 245/35/20 R 275/30/20, I was okay before installing KW V2, then when I have the coilovers on my M5 E39 a big miss happened, the ride is too low, it looks to nice but I would lose my tires and they are new, the problem is not her, the problem is the left side front and rear is lower than the right side front and rear, what I did is adjust the front and rear to the maximum height and it still left side F, R is lower than right side F, R. I cannot adjust it more than that and I am very angry for that matter, so I decided to bring the stock one back, I am not happy cuz I spent my money away, any help.:M5eyes:<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
531 Posts
First, spamming the board cause people don't read your thread is not a good way to get help. Second, if you don't understand how coil-overs work take them to a shop to be fixed. And third, your car color is Carbon Black Metallic, not very dark blue.

·
Registered
338 Posts
First problem is that your 245/35R20 tires are over an inch larger in diameter than the stock 245/40R18 tires, and the 275/30R20 are about an inch larger than the stock 275/35R18 tires, so that will decrease wheel well gap to begin with. The KW coilovers probably have a minimum drop as well (ie. they are lower than stock ride height even when set at the maximum height). The two combined to reduce the wheel well gap to the point that it is rubbing. Unfortunately, you have nobody to blame but yourself, since you chose tires that are bigger than stock, and you didn't check the minimum amount of drop on the coilovers before you bought them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts