BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
not really he wasnt that clued up about alpinas, dealt with him on a number of occasions and as for older alpinas he didnt have a clue so no great loss for me, alpina made its name well before he arrived and he wasnt an engineer so good luck to him

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I always found Kris to be a great host and very enthusiastic about the brand. I met him a number of times in Buchloe as well as Geneva and he was an excellent asset to the company. Wish him all the best.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Kris was primarily there to promote the current range of cars and he did that very well. He held a passion for the brand as deeply as many of us. He also had an interest in the older cars and their owners which was beyond his remit. I'd have been very surprised if he was a technical expert on the older models but he fully appreciated the significance of the BT and B8 in particular. He's a petrolhead on two and four wheels and he has been a great ambassador for Alpina.

If alpina only employed engineers it would have foundered a long time ago (and it would have never got into fine wine) ;)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
chas in 2006 when he saw my car he didnt know much about it at all the only one thing he did know about was the kn air filter as he used to work for them...my point was not only about engineers but that alpina made their name well before he came along and will still do it with out him for that reason he is no great loss, yes he was a nice bloke but not a true lover of the brand or he would not have left

·
Registered
821 Posts
Appreciate where you're comming from Roj but, to be fair to Kris, he must have done his homework over the following year. He drove me around the roads towards the Alps for an afternoon on the 2007 summer tour and we talked on a variety of subjects. It was clear to me that he was more of an enthusiast than a salesman at that point. There was no corporate need for him to even entertain us but he went well beyond cursory hospitality.

Ultimately he is a BMW man and he is working his way up the corporate ladder. If he ends up back in Munich, his promotion may benefit Alpina in the long run. Far better that the Munich heirarchy have someone on the inside who is sympathetic and enthusiastic towards Alpina than ignorant of it?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
they are just very friendly people at the same time in 2006 andy bovenspein drove my bt in a way that i have not even driven it and then took me and the wife out for dinner the same evening as well as taking nearly 60% off my car bill for the work and then giving me about 400 euros worth of alpina goodies for my birthday....

·
Registered
669 Posts
Change in Management is emminent.......no surprise. But as a 2 wheel enthusiast also i am glad to see Husky adding some new fresh ideas, new folks to help build their brand!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Good points below that iquoted from you. I would love to see it also as well as a (big) step up the BMW corporate ladder. From BMW Protection to ALPINA and then to Husqvarna and then back to ALPINA where he belongs... :grinyes: Or within BMW Group 4-wheelers kinggf I was surprised to see that he have worked at Alpina from 2002, he missed a decade by a year or so.

I think Kris is apart from the owners one of the best brand ambassadors I have ever met and especially when it comes to BMW and / or Alpina. He has the knowledge about everything and still can convince you that ALPINA always does it the right way.

Im sad to see Kris go and not be able to meet him in Geneva next March, that has been a highlight every March since I beleive 2004-2005 for me. In the end it is good news, it is as step in the right direction for Kris and we can just hope he come back to the BMW or ALPINA cars within the future.

Ultimately he is a BMW man and he is working his way up the corporate ladder. If he ends up back in Munich, his promotion may benefit Alpina in the long run. Far better that the Munich heirarchy have someone on the inside who is sympathetic and enthusiastic towards Alpina than ignorant of it?

·
Premium Member
8,805 Posts
Good points below that iquoted from you. I would love to see it also as well as a (big) step up the BMW corporate ladder. From BMW Protection to ALPINA and then to Husqvarna and then back to ALPINA where he belongs... :grinyes: Or within BMW Group 4-wheelers kinggf I was surprised to see that he have worked at Alpina from 2002, he missed a decade by a year or so.

I think Kris is apart from the owners one of the best brand ambassadors I have ever met and especially when it comes to BMW and / or Alpina. He has the knowledge about everything and still can convince you that ALPINA always does it the right way.
I agree - it's hopefully a big step forward in the BMW corporation for Kris.
It's quite obvious that he has excellent commercial skills.

It will be interesting to see how Alpina deals with his departure.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
:(

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5c4qbmRdtIY?fs=1&hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5c4qbmRdtIY?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts