BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody knowif Kreis-sieg is going to produce an exhaust system for the E60 M5? Looking forward to have one of that system.

Plus, anybody know how does that compare to Eisenmann Exhaust?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
They will produce it for the M5, made in Japan. It will likely be a couple of hunred percent more expensive, but I'm sure it wil lsound awesome.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
They are in the works ona system in the near future according to the US distrubutor. The Kriesseig has valving in it, so it will bascially sound like an Eisenmann with the valves closed and almost become straight pipes with them open (done via a switch in the cabin). The Eisenmann is a quality system but will not offer the variation in tones and will probably be more raspy/canny then the howl a Kreisseig unit offers from my experience. Then again, you are probably talking about an $7k US price difference between the two as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
TCM said:
They are in the works ona system in the near future according to the US distrubutor. The Kriesseig has valving in it, so it will bascially sound like an Eisenmann with the valves closed and almost become straight pipes with them open (done via a switch in the cabin). The Eisenmann is a quality system but will not offer the variation in tones and will probably be more raspy/canny then the howl a Kreisseig unit offers from my experience. Then again, you are probably talking about an $7k US price difference between the two as well. Hope this helps.
You've got to be kidding. $9,000 for an exhaust?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Any details/links/pictures for their E60 M5 system?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think they're the coolest exhaust systems but:

1) cost at least 9,500 USD :eek:
2) so loud that I can't imagine anyone can live with it all the time on a luxury sedan like the M5. That said, they usually have a switch that bypasses the whole silencer/cat system on demand. So, they can be run more quietly but what's the point then?

Me thinks they're only sensible on exotic super cars.
Lots of video clip samples here: http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/
Make your own judgment.

Ufuk

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the Kreisiseig SS exhaust on my M3; it must be the best and loudest sounding exhaust from my experience. I must say you cant always keep the valve open as you will scare everybody away with ease for that exhaust. Even the owner of a F430 finds my car too loud. :7:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'm going to get the Kreissieg exhaust for the Gallardo as soon as the PC team crack to check sum issue on the ECU and do some custom tuning on 93.
Yep it's a pretty expensive system, yep you can save some money and get a different sound, but it's the rawest sound out there and with it's 2 tone sounds system it fits in any area you want to drive.
I can't wait to hear how the M5 K exhaust come out.
APPLES

·
Registered
829 Posts
vndkshn said:
The E46 M3 one is $9500.....
Yes but I think the main reason why it costs 9k5 is because it's made out of titanium. The stainless steel one costs 5k5. Which is still alot.

If you look on their site you'll find some videos of the Gallardo, which is also a 5l V10. Wow what a sound, I wonder if it can also do that for the M5.

And what to think of the F360 Stradale? Personally I think this car has the best stock sound and with this exhaust it's even better.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I raced a Gallardo in the Targa Tasmania in Australia that had a Tubi fitted, when I drove it between stages with my helmet off and gave it some stick the volume would pick up big time.
I've got plenty sound clips of my E39 M5 with headers/cats/Nowack exhaust and it sounds great on the big screen, but to hear it for real is another world.

I think the titanium exhausts they've got for some of the F cars on their site run for over 20k.
I know that their about twice the price.

I've spent some time watching the Lambo-power web board and the guys that have the K exhaust love the sound and volume it can gererate in F1 mode.
Just watch an F1 race on TV V's one live....night and day.
APPLES

·
Registered
316 Posts
Too much speculation. Once the system is released, I'll then make my judgment. For that kind of money though, hearing one in person in quiet mode and in full straight mode is a must in my opinion. Nothing like spending that kind of $ on an exhaust to be disappointed.

That said, they usually have a switch that bypasses the whole silencer/cat system on demand. So, they can be run more quietly but what's the point then?
This is one of the features that I would love about this exhaust. Put it in 'quiet' mode while taking the kids to school or better yet, when going thru USA State Inspections. When you want to play open her up! :)

Ryan

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If they had made a system for the e39 M5 this would have been my weapon of choice ;) .

The e46 M3 sounds fantastic, as for the Gallardo... lovelove

Still, i'm happy with my Tubi's but only because Kreis-seig didn't cater for my Beast.

C.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Kreisseig has started development in the past week on a system. They expect it to be ready for sale to the public within 6 months according to the US importer importer. I am sure this exhaust will be incredible. I cannot wait for sound clips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts