BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
BreakerBacker said:
That could be it, although I have no idea why a fuse would be there at all. The tourings didnt have an option for power rear head rests, did they?
-
[email protected]
if it was an option and I believe it was, even though rarely choosen, then it
was also available for the M5touring. a bell is ringing somewhere that I might have seen a built sheet for a touring with that option, do you want me to confirm ? the wiring in these cars is generally prepared for ALL the possible options which does not explain the fuse, of course :confused: :typing:

·
Registered
756 Posts
wasnt sure but thought id post it just in case it helped the guy,i see i should not have bothered:grrrr:

·
Registered
756 Posts
i thought it because i seem to think that kopflugel means wing? i used to work for audi in germany and learnt a fair few words but as the years go on i seem to be forgetting them:confused3

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
jonsmiff said:
i thought it because i seem to think that kopflugel means wing? i used to work for audi in germany and learnt a fair few words but as the years go on i seem to be forgetting them:confused3
-
kotfluegel = mud guard > sidewall > front-/rear-wing
kopfstuetzen = headrests
hinten = rear
-
Anyd [email protected] got it right from the start :typing:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Wow so you could of had Motorised Rear head rests?!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
BURTON said:
Wow so you could of had Motorised Rear head rests?!
Yeah. If you remove the seat-back, the wiring is (in my car) all there!

Does anyone know where the switches go? Are they under the seat squab (there are some blanking plates there in my car, behind the rear passengers' knees....

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
AndyE said:
Yeah. If you remove the seat-back, the wiring is (in my car) all there!
Does anyone know where the switches go? Are they under the seat squab (there are some blanking plates there in my car, behind the rear passengers' knees....
-
[email protected]
somewhere there is a thread on this subject, I seem to remember that
someone 'over there' in the US took this project on..
-
[email protected] and rear-seats heating was also available -
and these are not even 'ZS'-options but standard-options (with reservations
as I am not 100% sure ! ??????
:typing:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Wow is there anything that these didn't come with..

·
Registered
373 Posts
The switches to the motorized rear head rests can be found at the right and left hand "corners" of the rear seat. They are just below the seat on the vertical part of the seat. You can see them once you open the rear door. You can only manouver them if the seatbelt is connected. You can set them to your preferred hight and when you disengage the seatbelt the head rest will retract completely. Put the the seatbelt back in again and it will raise to the pre-set hight. Very handy:) Will only work with the ingition in the "on" position.
Rear seat heating is actuated by two switches at the rear of the centre console. They sit on each side of the air outlet. These are the same switches as for the front seats and offer full and half/reduced hetaing.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
BURTON said:
Wow is there anything that these didn't come with..
-
[email protected]
Yes, but if the 'buyer's' choice was not offered in the ordinary option-program
for the E34 M5 then 'BMW Individual' came into the picture and supplied
(almost) whatever the 'buyer' wanted to have.... including a 'Porsche-colour-exterior-paint-job', almost no limits.....
some of these cars have an original delivery-invoice exceeding EUR 100.000
by far.... :M5launch:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts