BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well, what do we think its going to be? I'm thinking starting price of $800,000 USD. No idea what direction they're going to go in with the car. Will the Agera become even more extreme and this car more quiet/luxurious/ maybe DCT or AWD? Will this new car have freevalve tech? I can't think of any cars they're aiming to compete with... I guess they'll try to get people to buy their slightly cheaper car versus a $1.2mil Huayra.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
They've been pretty tight-lipped about future product since the One:1. A Geneva debut would be expected, and typical.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hoping for free-valve engine!
Personally, i don't think this car will be that different from the Agera, probally similar everything, just not as extreme. The carbon tub is probally the same size, the same engine block, same gearbox etc.
800-900 bhp for half the price?

With the new model, aswell as the One:1 in mind, I would expect the Agera to get a major update to differentiate it from the new model.
Exciting times ahead!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think that was intentional, if Koenigsegg didn't want that published it probally would never have been published. Now that the information is in public, it will lead to media writing about it creating a hype for Geneva 2015, it's all pr. You know spyshots of upcoming cars? That's all strategic marketing aswell from the manufacturers wanting to create hype and excitement about their upcoming product. The One:1 pictures that "leaked" 2012 and onwards was probally leaked by Koenigsegg themselves, all strategic marketing ;)

·
1,064 Posts
I'm sure the Car and Driver reporter had identified himself, or else he wouldn't have been talking to Mr. Koenigsegg. If Christian said it, then we can assume he's cool with it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think that was intentional, if Koenigsegg didn't want that published it probally would never have been published. Now that the information is in public, it will lead to media writing about it creating a hype for Geneva 2015, it's all pr. You know spyshots of upcoming cars? That's all strategic marketing aswell from the manufacturers wanting to create hype and excitement about their upcoming product. The One:1 pictures that "leaked" 2012 and onwards was probally leaked by Koenigsegg themselves, all strategic marketing ;)
And if pictures of One:1 was leaked without the "permission" of Koenigsegg, then there is probably someone who is not invited when there is "sensitive" stuff in the factory.. no journalist want that .. they want to make the story of how the new Koenigsegg was built (also next year), and keeps the pictures to them selves until it's ok to publish. Something like that..

·
1,064 Posts
Just spent an enjoyable few minutes reading that thread, from the referenced post onward.

Still a lot of doubters out there. Many still think a modern 'Egg is a straight line warrior only. Lot of complaints about no measured testing, not realizing that with such low volume, it's not like there's press cars laying around.

Lot of love among the members though too, for where Koenigsegg has grown to. The next six months could change a lot of people's minds. It's a pivotal time for the company. That last bit of respect is there, just waiting to be earned.

It'll come.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts