BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I just saw someone else post that info; I suspect that much of the world, just as I did, completely missed it!

700 horsepower electric plus even a CC8S engine gets you to 1300-some, if they're adding an Agera engine to this then it's pretty much bonkers.

Koenigsegg is laying it all out there saying it will be the fastest accelerating and most powerful car ever. Although it is interesting they did not say "fastest" but "fastest accelerating".
They've been trying to move away from the "only built for top speed" for a while, + that there is probally a top speed limit due to the electric engines.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
There's nowhere to go that fast anyway. It's fascinating for what it is, but when even the companies making these types of cars can't find a suitable venue, it's unlikely a member of the public would either, least of all on a public highway, much less so legally.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think they should only prove that it will be stable at 400 km/h and thats that for top speed. Acceleration is much more relevant when it comes to driving on both the streets and the track. Four wheel drive would be interesting and useful for a car that has 700hp from an electric engine, even it had the engine from the Agera S it would mean a total output of 1740 hp. Extremely excited about the Regera, aerodynamics should be impressive to deal with all that power. Properly excited.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Back to the car.... How do yous think they have made the car more luxurious? I've seen the rendering photo posted before but I think the interior will be far different to that as it looks too similar.
I'm thinking maybe a bigger touchscreen in the centre console.
Same technology memory foam type seats that were in the one:1 seats but less track orientated.
will they keep the signature sunroof or change it?
Different dials?
A can't wait to see the rear of the car as Koenigsegg hasn't changed much since the CC8S

·
Registered
535 Posts
They definatly changed their mind about the 2nd model rather recently, because as late as in august the plans were to make an entry level car.
What I feel now with this "Edited" post from Koenigsegg about the Regera on their Facebook page is the car indeed has 700 HP from electric motors but might be using a completely new engine with about 700-800 HP for a combined output of 1500 HP on the Regera.

Hence at sometime the new model as an entry level with 700-800 HP was clubbed to make this insane car to rule known as the "Regera".

Again everything I say here is 100% my assumption.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Same person that posted that interior rendering J_C posted in this thread ago was uploaded in August together with a statement roughly saying "new model next year, lower speed and half the price of an Agera". The name Regera leaked around the same time, hence why I posted earlier that I wasn't convinced

This latest statement clearly shows Koenigsegg decided to go another direction.
What will be very interwsting to hear is what the petrol powerplant will be like. with the Regera being a hybrid, Koenigsegg could build a far more extreme powerplant than before seeing as they don't have to worry as much about low end torque/power delivery since the electric engines will take care of that. Personally I think that the amount of power this will have will be simply shocking, hence why they haven't released any info on that so far.

·
1,064 Posts
What will be very interwsting to hear is what the petrol powerplant will be like. with the Regera being a hybrid, Koenigsegg could build a far more extreme powerplant than before seeing as they don't have to worry as much about low end torque/power delivery since the electric engines will take care of that.
Very good point. I'm sure you've all seen the "reaction videos" out there of the 691hp dual-motor Tesla Model S -- the off-the-line acceleration is stunning with the instant, full torque. You could definitely tune an engine to be more "peaky" when coupled to 700hp of electric motor.

When you think "peaky" you usually see very high numbers. What usually prohibits peaky is driveability.

Just imagine a One:1 engine + these motors. World's first 2000hp road car? I doubt they would do that, with the exclusivity of the One:1 program, but it does start to make you think of what's possible.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Another comment from Mr. 458 on Jalopnik (who's seen the car):

"It's very amazing. I love it. The design language is similar, but it is much more of an evolution than the Agera was from the CCX. And the specs are... amazingly amazing. The torque is absurd."

The excitement is unreal.

·
1,064 Posts
The excitement is unreal, for sure -- we have 18 members here at the moment (most I ever remember seeing), and 51 guest viewers!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Some very interesting points is the weight, torque and power delivery. Tesla P85Ds electric engines has an output of 1200nm to the wheels. Add a massive TT V8 and you're looking at 2000nm+ easily. Seeing as CvK drives a Tesla Model S and is a big fan of Musk, maybe the engines are Tesla sourced?
As of weight, I doubt this will be a ballerina.. The 918 runs 6.8kw/h batteries and 2 electric engines with a weight of 314kg, the Regera will use a much larger 9kw/h batterypack and 2.5 times as powerfull electric engines. Knowing Koenigsegg they will probally have some tricks up their sleaves for weight reduction, but this wont be a light car.. 1600+ kg?
Power delivery, most likely a 4wd system? Petrol engine only for the rear wheels and 1 electric engine for each axle? Or 1 electric engine for each front wheel? As of gearbox, Koenigseggs reason for not using a "proper" dual clutch has been because of weight, but seeing as this is a GT car where weight isn't in focus, this might be an option? I doubt it however..

The HP figure can be anything from 1360hp to 2000+hp... But I would think Koenigsegg has the upcoming Veyron replacement in mind wich is rumored to getting 1500bhp, and Koenigsegg probally doesn't want to get trumped... Simply adding an Agera S engine to these electric ones will give you 1800bhp!!!!

Alot of speculation of course, I love Geneva times :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
The excitement is unreal, for sure -- we have 18 members here at the moment (most I ever remember seeing), and 51 guest viewers!
I cant believe they have been able to keep the cat in the bag for so long, its insane. But one thing is for sure, I know what every one of those 18+51 members would be doing on the 3rd of March. Its going to be MEGA :3:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I prefer those too but I'm 100% confident Koenigsegg will never leave behind their roots of ultimate performance, as the One:1 demonstrates. In fact, I think they're more serious about it now than ever.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, I'm now even more excited about Regera, didn't imagine electric 'Segg any time soon. I'm thinking that those predictions about 1800, 2000hp are too much. Most of you apparently forgot about that bloger reveiling 1400hp new Koenigsegg...

·
Registered
376 Posts
The car better have a DCT, if anything has been proven to me its that a DCT will always be superior to a single clutch when it comes to acceleration (see 650s and Mclaren P1 destroying Agera R off the line), not to mention undoubtedly smoother at low-medium speeds. Koenigsegg probably has some crazy engineering solution to making the batteries light too. If they want this car to be unbeatable in acceleration it needs AWD and a DCT. And humongous, godly engineered tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Koenigsegg probably has some crazy engineering solution to making the batteries light too..
I remember Christian on Inside Koenigsegg I think it was explaining how the Agera or One:1 used Lithium iRon batteries instead of Lithium ion batteries because they weigh 1/3 of the weight of them. I wonder if they'll be using them. Koenigsegg will better competitors in all areas I think, even range Since there batteries are larger as well as the engine. Also I'm expecting the aerodynamics to be much improved to contribute to this also. Agera R has a Cd. 0.33 and 0.37 with the adaptable rear wing which they can greatly improve to increase range and acceleration.

101 - 120 of 606 Posts