BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So this is basicly aimed against the Veyron replacement? That one is expected to produce 1500bhp, if this is a direct competitor I would assume at least 1400+ bhp? The horsepower game is getting a bit ridiculous, but i'm VERY excited for this, and from that teaser the front looks spectacular! Will be very intresting to see what market they're aiming for (price/performance). From the looks of it this is definatly not the entry level car we have been expecting, but due to some reasons i'm not entirely conviced about the teasing, and that maybe Koenigsegg is playing games ;)

Whatever it is I can't wait! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cant wait to see this now in my mind the "Veyron" successor killer/competitor Joey.

What are peoples thought on this being more GT oriented? I for one am all in and the changes in design look absolutely fascinating lovelove
Very eager to see how they have tried to go more luxury orientated. They know how to make a car mega fast now we need to see how they can make it mega luxury also. Can't wait to see the results. Just from this little teaser I know I won't be disappointed. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd guess it has the same engine as the One:1. I'd be very surprised personally if it had any more power.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'd guess it has the same engine as the One:1. I'd be very surprised personally if it had any more power.
You would think so, but if this is a "megacar" in the sense that it has 1+MW of power then you're looking at a minimum 1360bhp, wich is exactly 1MW ;)

Like I said earlier though, i'm not convinced yet :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hope the aggressive styling of Koenigsegg that we all are use to and love won't be smoothen out. Love what I see in the teaser shot, just really excited to see what Koenigsegg has in store for the Veyron replacement. Would make the best head to head comparison videos for auto journalists.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Josh Cartu just commented this on FB:

"When you guys see this car... you are going to die. You can't imagine how wicked the front and side looks..."

·
Registered
33 Posts
Done a little messing around on my HTC to make the teaser a little easier to interpret, 5 min job nothing special.

added lines for the windshield and side vents

·
Registered
33 Posts
Even though the Regera is loaded with revolutionary technology and luxury, it still has a surprisingly low curb weight inspite of featuring 700 Hp electrical motors and an impressive 9 kWh liquid cooled battery pack.

Given the relative lightweight of the Regera, it can still perform competitively around a track and according to us, the only challenger around a track that could be faster, is another Koenigsegg.

However, out in the open the Regera will reign as the king of the road, as the fastest accelerating, most powerful production car ever. With the introduction
of the Regera, Koenigsegg will, for the first time ever, have two parallel models in production.
Didnt see this before. Very interesting. From the Koenigsegg Facebook Page

·
Registered
120 Posts
Even though the Regera is loaded with revolutionary technology and luxury, it still has a surprisingly low curb weight inspite of featuring 700 Hp electrical motors and an impressive 9 kWh liquid cooled battery pack.

Given the relative lightweight of the Regera, it can still perform competitively around a track and according to us, the only challenger around a track that
could be faster, is another Koenigsegg.

However, out in the open the Regera will reign as the king of the road, as the fastest accelerating, most powerful production car ever. With the introduction
of the Regera, Koenigsegg will, for the first time ever, have two parallel models in production.
Didnt see this before. Very interesting. From the Koenigsegg website
Couldn't find it on Koenigsegg's website, could you provide a URL. Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Strange, didnt think they would go electric? And 700 hp.. Combine that with an Agera S engine and you have close to 1850 hp.. :) Time will tell.. Wonder if its somehow connected to the new Quant?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
They edited their original post and added that info. This is pure insanity :D

Koenigsegg has obviously changed their mind since they did Inside Koenigsegg 2 about hybrids, fast forward to 3:40 haha
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OMLnmvLYTVw

They definatly changed their mind about the 2nd model rather recently, because as late as in august the plans were to make an entry level car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Strange, didnt think they would go electric? And 700 hp.. Combine that with an Agera S engine and you have close to 1850 hp.. :) Time will tell.. Wonder if its somehow connected to the new Quant?
Same, I'm guessing it will have the Agera S engine too to make the range greater as apparently biofuel isn't too fuel effieicent. Having a very powerful engine to charge the electric motor should be very useful.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
They edited their original post and added that info.
I just saw someone else post that info; I suspect that much of the world, just as I did, completely missed it!

700 horsepower electric plus even a CC8S engine gets you to 1300-some, if they're adding an Agera engine to this then it's pretty much bonkers.

Koenigsegg is laying it all out there saying it will be the fastest accelerating and most powerful car ever. Although it is interesting they did not say "fastest" but "fastest accelerating".

81 - 100 of 606 Posts