BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

581 - 600 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well, as much as I like #126 and those great numbers claimed by factory, I have to disagree about Chiron. Sure, it's too heavy and that 0-300km/h, hmm.. But 2t car accelerates to 200km/h in sub 6.5s and aims to break 440km/h barrier can't be called slow.
It's not slow by any means, I didn't even think it was going to be as fast as the Regera to begin with. I anticipated a sort of Veyron 2.0 (wich it sort of his), however my main dissappointment is the weight. I expected it to be alot lighter than the Veyron, instead it ends up being heavier.. 2 tonne dryweight is ridiculous, and is the single reason why it wont stand a change performance wise. Bugatti is about being the ultimate, and while I didn't think they would achieve better numbers than the regera, I thought they would aim to be a bit more competative wich can only be achieved with a lower weight.

Still though, I think the looks is killer, and the W16 engine now at close to 1500hp is ridiculous. I just expected the Chiron to have a bigge focus on dynamics.

Edit: This article sort of sums up my opinion about the Chiron vs Regera thing. http://jalopnik.com/the-amazing-tech-that-makes-the-koenigsegg-regera-a-hyp-1762221011

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bugfatti are still pushing imaginary numbers it seems.

Auto Motor Und Sport:

0-80 km/h - 2,2s
0-100 km/h - 2,7s
0-130 km/h - 3,7s
0-160 km/h - 4,9s
0-180 km/h - 5,9s
0-200 km/h - 7,0s
0-240 km/h - 10,0s
0-280 km/h - 14,3s
0-300 km/h - 17,5s

Sport Auto:

0-300 km/h: 17,9s
300-0 km/h: 7,4s
0-300-0 km/h: 25,3s

Bugfatti's website:

0–100 km/h 2.5s
0–200 km/h 6.7s
0–300 km/h 14.6s
0-300-0 km/h 22.5s

1838 kg curb is what Bugfatti claimed. Sport Auto weighed it in at 2026 kg and the heaviest verified weighed a staggering 2136 kg! 1838 kg must be dry-heave weight, harr harr. :alligator:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I can't belive it... Nimrod Regera....
fyi, owner of Nimrod previously owned #036.
Why is this making me think of Goodfellas, the scene where Joe Pesci's character ("Tommy") have got a pink Cadillac and De Niro's character goes "don't buy anything" -crazy on him!

Here, for some reason a random Eldorado geting "poked" ..

EDIT:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glSN4qvjt2E

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know a guy who knows what's the story behind that pic...
Edit: ...And I can confirm that project Nimrod Regera exist, but for more details I'll have to go to Budapest...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Was kind of hoping the production model would ditch the old Mercedes W124 E-Class wiper system.A tad disappointed that it's still there...Oh well...Lovely looking car otherwise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am I the only one craving for some news about the Regera?

It's awfully quiet even though it should see the light of day quite soon.

Has there been any trouble regarding design or production that I've missed or are people just not very interested in the car?

For me the Regera is the real news of 2016 together with a possible Nurburgring time.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I found this shot of a black Regera on instagram. Can someone confirm if this is real or not. It looks like a photoshop of 126 but the comments suggest otherwise.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLME4m_BQgd/?taken-by=luckydaff
The post is from my good friend Lukas and is a photoshop of #126 like you guessed of his own shot during the Koenigsegg owners event this year.

We just wanted to make it seem like its the real deal cause it looks pretty sick :D

581 - 600 of 606 Posts