BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

561 - 580 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did Pagani really have 6 Huayra prototypes??! I thought they had like 2 originally and now 1 for the Huayra BC.
To my knowledge two Huayra prototypes have been spotted (3 and 5, 3 being the development car and 5 being the press car) and both of them have been painted and wrapped a number of times, to make them appear different. The early stages of the BC had PT3's green brake calipers for example so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same prototype.

But who knows? Maybe the other prototypes are in Horacio's legendary private collection that currently houses at least 20 highly sought after cars? :3:

https://www.lovecars.com/news/2015/12/20/inside-the-new-pagani-factory-the-real-santas-grotto

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
^HP owns a whole bunch of Zondas, most bought in the later years, but neither of those in the picture belong to him (at least the uncovered ones). The LM and the Cinque roadster belong to an argentinian that has a whole bunch of Zondas, stores all of them at the factory. Nero is owned by an american that has bought 6-7 Zondas during 2015, probally as investments.

They had 6 prototypes for the Huayra, I think 2 of them are now HP "personal" cars but not sure. One of the Zonda prototypes is also his "personal" car.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
But who knows? Maybe the other prototypes are in Horacio's legendary private collection that currently houses at least 20 highly sought after cars? :3:
I can see you have been starting some Pagani research! ;^)

It's not very obvious from the "outside" that Mr. HP and partners is blowing hard in that Pagani price-bubble to make it grow. But what good is that if there is no one to buy all the unsold buy-backs? They can't sneak away all of them as "specials" after a new paint? It's probably not without risk (even if quite some value always will remain after 15+ years of "hyping").

But on the other side, it have probably helped Pagani for years to become what they are today. They might have gone straight down without taking care of the supply/demand balance, while everyone looked at the "god examples" of growing prices.. This is today probably more important than making the best/coolest/fastest car (even if that's a good start), because market for a car with increasing value are bigger(virtuous circle), and manipulating prices in a very smal fleet is easier.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Nero is owned by an american that has bought 6-7 Zondas during 2015, probally as investments.
Rumors are that there is a group of Americans working with AMG to get the Zonda EPA certified for purpose of Show & Display import.

Reading between the lines, my understanding is those cars are "put aside" for now, awaiting the success of this endeavor. Should see some crazy action on Zondas after that.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It's not like Koenigsegg hasn't done that aswell ;) Not nearly on the same scale though but still, market control is good for business.
Of course, every (car) manufacturer is "manipulating"/controlling/taking care of market/demand in different ways. Koenigsegg seemed to never care much about this, but they are geting better at it, because it's necessary if you want to make and sell cars ..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Rumors are that there is a group of Americans working with AMG to get the Zonda EPA certified for purpose of Show & Display import.some crazy action on Zondas after that.
On the other side, false rumors about us legal Zondas (or work in progress) have been around for well over a decade now, I believe it when I see it. I can only congratulate them if it's possible and finally done. But I remain skeptical, because of the history.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Rumors are that there is a group of Americans working with AMG to get the Zonda EPA certified for purpose of Show & Display import.

Reading between the lines, my understanding is those cars are "put aside" for now, awaiting the success of this endeavor. Should see some crazy action on Zondas after that.
Heard so aswell, interesting enough the cars that he's aquired (other than a R) are all pre-F, probally a reason for that?
I don't think theres that much different between the F and a 7.3S anyway, other than a few bits, but I just took notice.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
On the other side, false rumors about us legal Zondas (or work in progress) have been around for well over a decade now, I believe it when I see it. I can only congratulate them if it's possible and finally done. But I remain skeptical, because of the history.

Same here. But when I see Erik Reynolds talking about it, I take notice!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, there was 6 Huayra prototypes, 1 for crash test, two are BC prototypes now, two regular and the one known nowdays as #001.
And yes, we do agree Matt, I'm just stunned what they did with Regera so far. Others has a way more resources for R&D.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
With the specs for the Chiron being released, I think it's safe to call the Regera "Bugatti killer". 1478bhp, but weighs in at a ridiculous 4400 ibs dry... More like a road legal TGV train than a car.
Remarkable to think how much heavier the Chiron is than the Regera, especiall since the Regera has a hybrid drive-train with heavy batteries and electric motors, while the Chiron only has a petrol powerplant. Shows how ingenious the KDD solution is, I think it's safe to safe that CvK is pretty happy about his situation..

Now we are just waiting for the specs of the production version of the Regera.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So with the press-release now out, it certanly confirms what I said above.. Alot of changes since last year, but it's quite alot lighter, and stupidly fast..

0-300kph in 10.9s is just eye watering, that's 25% faster than the old GWR Agera record...
So far we only have press-releases from both Bugatti and Koenigsegg and no true results, but if the numbers presented are to be correct then the comparsion between them in terms of numbers gets a bit ridiculous.
0-300kph, Regera 10.9s, Chiron 13.6s
Dry weight, Regera 1470kgs, Chiron 1995kgs
As awesome as I think the new Chiron is, I don't think that the Bugatti engineers are happy about what the swedes are presenting..

·
Registered
231 Posts
0-300kph, Regera 10.9s, Chiron 13.6s
Dry weight, Regera 1470kgs, Chiron 1995kgs
As awesome as I think the new Chiron is, I don't think that the Bugatti engineers are happy about what the swedes are presenting..
You forgot the stopping, 300kph-0.
The Bugly needs 8 wheels and 8 brake disks just to be safe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, as much as I like #126 and those great numbers claimed by factory, I have to disagree about Chiron. Sure, it's too heavy and that 0-300km/h, hmm.. But 2t car accelerates to 200km/h in sub 6.5s and aims to break 440km/h barrier can't be called slow.

561 - 580 of 606 Posts