BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
"Koenigsegg Megacar Unveil" I dont understand and always thought this would be down on power, seems like I was 100% wrong hiha

Regera Unveil.jpg

Can anyone fill me up on this? Good thing they retained the name, since I love it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm all confused now. Regera = megacar??? Maybe the Agera RS will be the more refined/luxurious version and the Regera will be lightweight/more powerful??!! This doesn't make any sense. I stand by my original predictions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Haha this is a surprise, can't wait to see what it's going to be like! Megacar referring to 1360 hp or more? This is gonna be exciting.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm confused too, but a good kind of confused! I'm so glad it's going to be a big surprise this time unlike the One:1. Two new Koenigsegg models in one day... Wow. Cannot wait.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You guys ever think Koenigsegg is just screwing with us? I mean we're probably the only people discussing the Regera and Agera RS on the Internet right now... I know they occasionally watch this place. Maybe they're just playing some games.

·
Registered
174 Posts
How about Agera RS being updated Agera R with bit more power, less weight and Regera being rival to Zonda Revolucion, P1 GTR and FXX K, track-only, ready to rule the Ring? With 1400hp and 1250kg...
I'm thinking that this scenario is possible.

·
Registered
376 Posts
How about Agera RS being updated Agera R with bit more power, less weight and Regera being rival to Zonda Revolucion, P1 GTR and FXX K, track-only, ready to rule the Ring? With 1400hp and 1250kg...
I'm thinking that this scenario is possible.
Welcome, but I doubt they would produce a car right now that is above the One:1 performance wise. They probably want to protect the exclusivity of that car. It makes more sense for them to make a car below the Agera RS that will sell in higher numbers. Plus it would be kinda disrespectful to the 7 people who payed $3 million for the One:1 to release a car that is cheaper and faster.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thank you. One:1 is ultimate roadcar, I'm just saying that if Regera is next megacar, it would be logic to me that it is track-only. And RS to be in between of One:1 and R.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hope it it isn't a track only car, plus Koenigsegg needs a new car all together, the Agera is getting too old and Koenigsegg needs to think about the competition from Bugatti and Pagani. Rumors are the Bugatti has a 1500hp monster for either this year or the next. So I am hoping for an all new design to compete for the next few years.

·
Registered
535 Posts
You guys ever think Koenigsegg is just screwing with us? I mean we're probably the only people discussing the Regera and Agera RS on the Internet right now... I know they occasionally watch this place. Maybe they're just playing some games.
Do you really think Koenigsegg would like to "Troll" just cause of what we say on the internet? Sounds plausible but to the "General Public" would be something like McLaren P1 saying they have the "Nurburgring" time and yet not prove it (Disclose it). This would be "Loosing Face" which a company like Koenigsegg does not need at this moment.

McLaren I think can pull it off, they are known and are around since many years. Koenigsegg on the other hand would be a entirely different story. Just my thoughts though again 100% assumption.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, new member to the board!

How about the Regera will use the engine from the one:1 but in a completly new bodyshape. The headliner says nothing about the weight of the car so it could be more like "comfie cruiser" similar to the Veyron. The RS-version of the Agera on another hand is, similar to Porsche and rennsport, a lightweight version with more aero/downforce than the standard Agera, R and S. Moore Clubsportish!

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I'm enjoying the mystery! Koenigsegg are probably really having fun watching everyone guess what they are up to!

I assume like Daily does, that if they are using the term "Mega", then this car is making at least 1Kw of power. That was their explanation of the term for the One:1.

They've stated they would build 7 One:1's, and no more, to retain their exclusivity. So to echo Will's sentiment, it would be a bit disingenuous to offer a new car more extreme than the One:1, while the One:1 are still in build. The only plausible conclusion then is that this is aimed more towards the Veyron end of the spectrum / buyer, that is, high power with perhaps a bit more creature comforts.

One:1 is track focused insanity, Regera is GT focused insanity. Any agreement?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Maybe the One:1 engine will be placed in the Regera? That way he can say he "tested" its performance? Personally i think the Regera is near completed and has been for a while. With a "new" car they cant have such a tight dead line as with a "custom Agera" which they now build with blind folds.. :)
Probably the only one who knew what it is all this while ;) And Joey you also have seen the name on some "Internal Documents" care to share since the name is already announced? :3:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
We have this: The name, Regera. Power, megacar .. And that's really everything we have so far .. everything else is speculation.

We can try to make some assumptions, from that. The name is new, means a new car? You would probably like to keep signature windscreen, signature doors, signature "twin-jumping-dolphins" cockpit? That's everything in the center near the tub .. means they will keep the tub? engine probably similar to One:1, or?

The car will not be e One:1 II (to keep the exclusivity of the One:1). That means no track car? I would guess that means the Regera is less of a track car than Agera?

But with the facts we have it could be an open wheeled, 1-seated, ultralight light, mega rocket? the field is quite open for any guess?

21 - 40 of 606 Posts