BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its time to take the big elephant out of the room. I think most people here already know about the new Koenigsegg that is coming in March so i hereby starts a thread for upcoming news, pictures etc.

Heres the latest from Robbie Dicksons blogg. It only mentions the car briefly but still...

"

After Detroit there is the Geneva Auto-show in March as Pagani unveil their new Huayra Spyder, Mclaren’s new P13 or as I like to call it the 911 Killer, and Koenigsegg Regera who promise to offer yet another insane hypercar which I saw and tested during my factory visit in Sweden a few months ago. Sorry I am not allowed to share photos of that one.
So we have 3 Hypercar manufacturers duke’ing it out in Geneva just a few months from now, and I’ll be there of course because…… well i have nothing else better to do that week as it happens, but these 3 cars are actually all very different monsters, that really appeal to 3 very different types of buyers, we’ll talk about that in a minute.

There are a few other releases due in 2015 including the overdue Nissan GT-R replacement, the replacement R8 named the R10 yummy, and finally after many years of deliberation the new Acura/Honda NSX.

The Supercar I was most looking forward however was the bad *** Jaguar C-X75, this $2m hybrid Hypercar is a stunner, and perhaps reminiscent of the old Jag XJ-220 (that I am still trying to acquire one of). As it turns out the most we’ll ever see of that is in the New James Bond film “Spectre” (Dec 2015), but at least its going to be driven and no doubt trashed many times over by the villain in the movie which makes me love it even more, thanks for rubbing it in Jaguar.

So now back to these 3 Hypercars. The Mclaren P13 will likely be priced just above or very close to the current Porsche 911’s perhaps the GT3’s and I think thats strategic of McLaren and could turn out to be the best thing they ever did. You see Porsche have diluted the brand, they used to be looked up to as the car you buy before you get your first Lambo or Ferrari. But then they started making SUV’s and now their everywhere. The result is sheds of cash for Porsche but its the very reason I wont buy a 918. I simply cannot bring myself to put $1.2m into a brand thats on every corner, and therefore I believe many Porsche owners will feel the same way with spending $200k on their next 911. If you think about it there really isn’t much competition in this price range, maybe the R8 so I therefore welcome the P13 with open arms and look forward to seeing what you can do.

Now comes the Pagani and Koenigsegg Regera. Both similar priced at about $2m CDN and both will be street legal in Canada. The Pagani is a fashion accessory on wheels, its a marvel of detailed engineering beyond belief, and now that Lamborghini are resorting to SUV’s also I think this is the new hypercar poster that will be on every 12yr old boys wall, and by wall I mean desktop or facebook background, or whatever the hell 12yr olds do these days. Either way I think the Pagani is not for the true gear head who understand drivetrain technology or know what BMEP stands for, the Pagani buyer will be one who loves and appreciates the detail in the Pagani and who wants to put the car on display in his living room. The Koenigsegg owner is likely a total yobbo, one who wants as much power as possible, and desires a real drivers machine that terrifies and wants to kill you at every turn. Sound familiar ?

For me I am all of the above, depending on the mood I’m in, I love and appreciate the design of the Pagani, the aerodynamic stability and responsiveness of the McLarens, and the Koenigsegg I find is electrifying. Its throttle really does feel like a hyperspace button. It’s savage and frightening and I love that sort of stuff.

So I welcome 2015 with delight and look forward to another car crazed year full of gasoline and fumes, none of that hybrid malarkey for me please santa.

"
</ARTICLE>

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The name actually leaked about 6 months ago, media never caught up

Not sure if the Regera is actually the name of the 2015 Agera or the new model, time will tell!
Geneva 2015 is looking fantastic!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Koenigsegg Regera who promise to offer yet another insane hypercar which I saw and tested during my factory visit in Sweden a few months ago. Sorry I am not allowed to share photos of that one.
There is no way he saw and tested the Regera three months ago when he was at the factory! And there is simply no Photos to share (or not share) of a Geneva car at that time of year!

This is another quote made by him at instagram when he was at the factory
Factory tour of Koenigsegg today in Sweden, and test drive of a 1400HP Agera one. Plus looked at the all new Regera that will be launched at the Geneva Autoshow in March.
He probably saw renderings or scale model (at best) of the Regera. Koenigsegg usually don't have the Geneva cars ready until few days before the show, other manufacturers sometimes have to push their cars because they aren't even ready to drive! There is no way he have saw (and tested) a real car in the beginning of October! He might as he says have had a ride in the One:1.. Seems he "built something" from very little information ..

I would wait and see what's coming up, but it seems very interesting!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no way he saw and tested the Regera three months ago when he was at the factory! And there is simply no Photos to share (or not share) of a Geneva car at that time of year!
Maybe the One:1 engine will be placed in the Regera? That way he can say he "tested" its performance? Personally i think the Regera is near completed and has been for a while. With a "new" car they cant have such a tight dead line as with a "custom Agera" which they now build with blind folds.. :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Koenigsegg work very fast, they started development on the Agera only 8 months prior to geneva and had #077 ready in time for the show!

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Does "Regera" mean something in Swedish, or is it simply a sort of evolution of "Agera"? I'm not crazy about the name...

·
1,064 Posts

This is another quote made by him at instagram when he was at the factoryHe probably saw renderings or scale model (at best) of the Regera. Koenigsegg usually don't have the Geneva cars ready until few days before the show, other manufacturers sometimes have to push their cars because they aren't even ready to drive! There is no way he have saw (and tested) a real car in the beginning of October! He might as he says have had a ride in the One:1.. Seems he "built something" from very little information ..

I would wait and see what's coming up, but it seems very interesting!
To be fair, if you read closely, he doesn't actually say he drove the Regera, just that "the Koenigsegg [my emphasis added] I find is electrifying". I think he is basing his favor for the Koenigsegg over the others on having driven A Koenigsegg, not THE Koenigsegg, if you follow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Specs

Anyone know what kind of specs we should expect? Camless engine? Hybrid? V8? All I have heard is a V8 producing around 650hp but I'm not sure the source is that reliable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Specs?

Anyone know what kind of specs we should expect from the "Regera". Camless engine? hybrid? All I have heard is that supposedly it will be powered by a V8 making around 650hp but thats from a unreliable source.

Source: 20?? Supercars - Page 371 - CarSpyShots
"Koenigsegg will reveal a new model before beginning to produce models with U.S. in mind! My source suggests it will be a entry-level model powered by a V-8 good for about 650 bhp! We will also see the Agera be upgraded to the level of the One:1!"

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My guess is that it's the same 5.0L V8 block from the Agera with less power, although I think 650 bhp sounds far too little. Definatly not hybrid, cam-less might be too soon but would be amazing!

I think this might be a very good strategy for Koenigsegg, making the Agera more extreme that appeals more to the traditional K'egg buyer that wants extreme performance, and a less extreme, more GT-oriented car (that's what iv'e heard) that appeals to a larger audience.

I think this is a really good plan for the future, although I hope they will try to keep the One:1 somewhat unique.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wonder if they are going to make a couple of iteration of the Regera like they did with the Agera. For example having a 'standard' Regera, a Regera S, and a Regera R. Would be interesting if they did but I think the model would be less exclusive and more mainstream than what Koenigsegg should be doing. Also as we've read from the first post of this thread some people have said that they have seen the car, whether it was a scale model, the finished product or just a render or a sketch, it would be wonderful if one of those people could recreate it so we can have our first peak at the car or just describe what it looks like.
PS: I am new to the forum but all of you have made me very comfortable so thank you! It is much appreciated! :)

·
1,064 Posts
Welcome SNB!

It is all speculation at this point of course, there is much we do not know yet. Koenigsegg has done a pretty good job keeping this thing under wraps.

I think we're all very anxiously awaiting Geneva this year!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank you @mattjs33!

Yes I think we all are excited to see what's next for Koenigsegg, hopefully it will be a revolutionary design rather than an evolutionary one.

Wonder if they will make a manual or double clutch gearboxes for the Regera

All in all should be a spectacular year for Koenigsegg fans and car enthusiasts.

1 - 20 of 606 Posts