BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be in the works. I beleive it is up to 93 examples if I recall correct now and 88 is almost completely finished.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The red and Matte black are two different cars. Red was with black stripes if I can recollect crrectly and the front intakes had visible carbon fibre, looked great.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Might be in the works. I beleive it is up to 93 examples if I recall correct now and 88 is almost completely finished.
Great! Did you visit the factory?

Appears we have some gaps then between #83 and #88 that we need to fill in!

Any news on the progress of U.S. certification for the Agera series? Recent news of the denial of Pagani's "advanced" airbag exemption request would seem to not bode well for Koenigsegg's extension request. Or will the Ageras have a compliant "advanced" airbag?

·
1,064 Posts
You are correct. Seat occupancy sensors are used to determine if there is a child in the seat, so that the airbag will deploy with less force so as not to cause injury. I believe it will also disable the airbag entirely if the seat is not occupied.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wonder if this airbag conundrum has any impact on Agera. But hasn't Koenigsegg been selling cars to the U.S. market for a while now? What has changed?

·
1,064 Posts
Koenigsegg had a previous exemption from the advanced air bag requirements, which expired at the end of 2009. So far all of the U.S.-spec cars that have been built are MY2008 cars. Koenigsegg has petitioned for an extension of the exemption, effective through the end of 2012. During the time period in which the NHTSA will give consideration to extending Koenigsegg's exemption, the first exemption is extended by rule until a decision on the renewal is made. It's kind of confusing, but by applying for an extension, Koenigsegg buys itself some more time to sell non-advanced-airbag-compliant cars in the U.S. under the previous exemption, even though it has passed its expiration date. The decision on the extension is still pending.

Nevertheless, I am not yet aware of any U.S.-spec Koenigseggs other than the 12 MY2008 CCX's that we already know about (see the Registry), the whereabouts of which only nine I can account for at this time.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, where do you get to know all of this :D Do you live in Ängelholm? :D

You saw my video from the factory?

Koenigsegg had a previous exemption from the advanced air bag requirements, which expired at the end of 2009. So far all of the U.S.-spec cars that have been built are MY2008 cars. Koenigsegg has petitioned for an extension of the exemption, effective through the end of 2012. During the time period in which the NHTSA will give consideration to extending Koenigsegg's exemption, the first exemption is extended by rule until a decision on the renewal is made. It's kind of confusing, but by applying for an extension, Koenigsegg buys itself some more time to sell non-advanced-airbag-compliant cars in the U.S. under the previous exemption, even though it has passed its expiration date. The decision on the extension is still pending.

Nevertheless, I am not yet aware of any U.S.-spec Koenigseggs other than the 12 MY2008 CCX's that we already know about (see the Registry), the whereabouts of which only nine I can account for at this time.

·
1,064 Posts
Wow, where do you get to know all of this :D Do you live in Ängelholm? :D
No, but I sure dream of a factory visit someday! :D

This website www.federalregister.gov is a fantastic resource for automotive compliance regulations in the U.S. These are official government records and articles availble to the public by U.S. law. There is a search function which enables you to type in the name of any exotic manufacturer you can imagine. Everyone from Bugatti to Saleen has a mention in there for various regulatory exemption requests. This was the source of the recent news that the NHTSA denied Pagani their own airbag exemption request.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts