BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past two years, I noticed there are more false alerts on my V1.
After careful observations I have pin down the sources, so I want to share the list of known sources besides the usual suspect of door opener near stores. It may affect other detectors but all 3 of my detectors are 3 V1s ranging from 2004 , 2008, 2009 versions.

K-Band:
1) Late model Audi Q5, A5, S5, etc equipped with either adaptive cruise control or proximity sensors.
- Constant signal about 4-5 LEDs
2) Ohio solar powered highway lights, especially around Cleveland areas.
- Strong burst signal and went away after you pass it

Ka-Band:
1) M5 interior Sirius Radio Antenna
- intermittent weak (one LED) from the rear, mostly happen during Oct - Jan , cloudy day is worse
- Solution is to aim the rear down , or just live with it knowing since it shows only one LED signal strength

If you guys discover more , please add to the list.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
With the Sirius OEM option it gives no false alerts. You have an aftermarket Sirius unit, right?

I get false alerts from:
- Audi's
- Trail Blazers
- Mercedes (my S65 AMG w/ distronic)
- CVS/Walgreens Automatic Doors

My blinders also go off from Audi's.

Those are the most common / often false alerts. I still love the V1.

Check your serial number and enter it onto valentine1's website to make sure you have the latest version. I think it's time V1 comes out with some new software and maybe a nicer looking unit.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'll have Ka from the rare also. I am high and tight just to the right if the mirror. I will go months with nothing and then it acts up for a few months (I never correlated the months). When it acts up,move it everywhere, still false alarm. So I disabled Ka from the rear.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I have the latest version V1 and get the following false warning:

Laser:
1) Infiniti FX, Q45, snd QX56's laser guided cruise/proximity control
-constant signal until the vehicle is out of range or if the vehicle is stopped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts