BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 966 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Anyone have any idea what code 69 Engine coolant temperature, Plausibility might mean?
Coolant level is fine, temps seem fine... It shows at random and goes away. Has done it when it rolls out of garage (5xF) into 3xF temps, as well as after running for awhile on a 60F day...

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Anyone have any idea what code 69 Engine coolant temperature, Plausibility might mean?
Coolant level is fine, temps seem fine... It shows at random and goes away. Has done it when it rolls out of garage (5xF) into 3xF temps, as well as after running for awhile on a 60F day...

Thanks
Matt
This one is easy - it means the central computer is receiving a temperature for the engine that it does not think is reasonable. Typically it means the water temperature sensor is on the way out.

Now - do you know what a switch-chain grip is?

d-

·
Registered
437 Posts
This one is easy - it means the central computer is receiving a temperature for the engine that it does not think is reasonable. Typically it means the water temperature sensor is on the way out.

Now - do you know what a switch-chain grip is?

d-
LMFAO!! oh, Dougie I told you that is the signal for the dominatrix to switch the chain to her other hand, you naughty,naughty, little boy...

·
8,376 Posts
It can either be coolant temp sensor or Thermostat going bad.

In my case, it was a defective thermostat.

You can read the whole thread here, or see my post number 36:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106619&page=2

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
531 Posts
By baby is not happy with me right now.... :crying2: These are the codes she is throwing.... ('03 w/ 64K mi - Inspection II done with new plugs about 5K miles ago, assume original MAF's - tried switching out with VW and still having problems)

49 - “Air mass sensor, plausibility”
AB - “Secondary air system, valve sticking”
80 - Idle speed deviation
90 - “Fuel control, Cyl #1-4”
91 - “Fuel control, Cyl #5-8”
CF - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #3”
D0 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #4”
D3 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #7”
D5 - “Misfire during warm-up, multiple cylinders”
D1 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #5”
D2 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #6”
95 - Misfire w/ empty fuel tank

CD - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #1”
CE - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #2”
AF - “Air-fuel adaptation, Cyl #5-8”

Are all of these related to bad MAF's or do I have something else going on here?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
most of those do seem indicative of bad MAFS (and/or a vacuum leak). did you replace your MAFS as a pair, or a single?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Most of those look like a bad tank of gas to me.

Were it my car, I would reset the codes (you did reset it at Service 2, right? These aren't accumulated codes you just haven't seen yet?) and check again in a couple days.

D-

·
Registered
531 Posts
These are new codes. The codes were reset with the inspection, they were reset (a couple of times) a month ago when I put in the VW MAFs. I did replace with two new VW MAFS.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think the battery is fine, it was replaced less than a year ago with a BMW OEM piece.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I got a bunch of codes like that, in my case it was down to a low fuel tank - I always fill when it hits the 1/4 mark and have never had those codes again.

By baby is not happy with me right now.... :crying2: These are the codes she is throwing.... ('03 w/ 64K mi - Inspection II done with new plugs about 5K miles ago, assume original MAF's - tried switching out with VW and still having problems)

49 - “Air mass sensor, plausibility”
AB - “Secondary air system, valve sticking”
80 - Idle speed deviation
90 - “Fuel control, Cyl #1-4”
91 - “Fuel control, Cyl #5-8”
CF - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #3”
D0 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #4”
D3 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #7”
D5 - “Misfire during warm-up, multiple cylinders”
D1 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #5”
D2 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #6”
95 - Misfire w/ empty fuel tank

CD - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #1”
CE - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #2”
AF - “Air-fuel adaptation, Cyl #5-8”

Are all of these related to bad MAF's or do I have something else going on here?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had code 50 (hex) and the dealer said it meant "clutch slip point". Maybe there was a translation problem in going from German to English. Code went away and there was no diagnosis of problem.
I have this code on an automatic car.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I can barely go 3 weeks SES-light-free before my car slaps me in the face again. What could these codes mean?

71- intake camshaft vanos position control cyl #5-8
91- fuel control, cyl #5-8
90- fuel control, cyl #1-4
d1- misfire during startup cyl #5
d2- misfire during startup cyl # 6
d3-misfire during startup cyl #7
d4- misfire during startup cyl #8
d5- misfire during warm-up, multiple cylinders
63- control unit self-test, saftey concept master check

grrrrrrr

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I can barely go 3 weeks SES-light-free before my car slaps me in the face again. What could these codes mean?

71- intake camshaft vanos position control cyl #5-8
91- fuel control, cyl #5-8
90- fuel control, cyl #1-4
d1- misfire during startup cyl #5
d2- misfire during startup cyl # 6
d3-misfire during startup cyl #7
d4- misfire during startup cyl #8
d5- misfire during warm-up, multiple cylinders
63- control unit self-test, saftey concept master check

grrrrrrr
The first one is your Intake Cam Position Sensor on the drivers side. I would bet that the others are related.

d-

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The first one is your Intake Cam Position Sensor on the drivers side. I would bet that the others are related.

d-
Replaced 4 weeks ago :dunno:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Can't know for sure but I have a very knowledgeable mechanic who did it, I'm not losing any oil at all and if it is related what are the chances of the SES light really taking 4-5 weeks to appear?

101 - 120 of 966 Posts