BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up there giving my Honda it's first day since the engine was rebuilt and a DTA S40 ECU with full wideband lambda fitted and mapped at the weekend.

Car never skipped a beat :cheers:

My faith in the car was not high however, so my mate came along in my M5 with a box of tools and a tow rope!

Spotted another Avus E34 in the carpark and managed to say hello at the end of the day to DTW - nice to meet you, hopefully for longer next time!

Also missed ASBO - sorry, I was harnessed in and en route home, I couldn't face climbing back out of the Honda ;)

ASBO - was that you in your E36? Great track manners, unlike the &*"£^$" in the evos!

Stephen

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ASBO, if you post the vids you were filming on the track please send me a link incidentally, love to see how slow I was :hihi:

·
Registered
85 Posts
:byee55amg

Very brief meeting, but good to put a face to the name!

The boys in the Evos were turning into a bit of a danger to everybody, including themselves.

What i wanted to know was how did a bunch of what appeared to be a bunch of Glasgow neds aged 18-20 afford a 500 bhp Evo 8......

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... and an X5 to tow them home .... indeed!

TBH if that's the crowd that now attend Hot Marques I'll not be back, cast a real ugly shadow over the day ... used to be such friendly, good natured events.

There was so little politeness on track today - I'd much rather be out with people like Asbo or myself!

Booked for the SIDC day on 15th March - they're normally quite good and well ran - also today was massively too busy, considering the price for just 3 hours :confused2

Ah well, the car never blew up again and that's all I wanted out of it!

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
:byee55amg

What i wanted to know was how did a bunch of what appeared to be a bunch of Glasgow neds aged 18-20 afford a 500 bhp Evo 8......
Selling Class A narcotics has been known to provide a decent income ......actually using some before participating in a track day has been known to provide some erratic driving !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Stephen

Glad to hear the Integra did well. 15th March SIDC day sounds good. I attended one last year with some mates in their Elises. I think I might go ahead and book myself in for a session this time if there's space. Would be good to take the Integrale on track :)

Rich

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Pictures are very nice ;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're mainly of my Honda - I didn't want to upset anyone ;)

Think this is ASBO??

Stripped and caged CSL

Left 1/2 litre of oil on the pits!

Comedy flames from the rear of this 350Z - massive supercharger or turbo!

M5 tow/tool car!

V8 M3 sounding good as always

Some proper cars ...

I had just overtaken the 993 Turbo obviously!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was up there giving my Honda it's first day since the engine was rebuilt and a DTA S40 ECU with full wideband lambda fitted and mapped at the weekend.

Car never skipped a beat :cheers:

My faith in the car was not high however, so my mate came along in my M5 with a box of tools and a tow rope!

Spotted another Avus E34 in the carpark and managed to say hello at the end of the day to DTW - nice to meet you, hopefully for longer next time!

Also missed ASBO - sorry, I was harnessed in and en route home, I couldn't face climbing back out of the Honda ;)

ASBO - was that you in your E36? Great track manners, unlike the &*"£^$" in the evos!

Stephen

:thumbsup:

Hello Sir.

Apologies for not catching up. The penny didn't drop until the end of the day.
Yes 'twas I in the E36. I had planned to take the '5 along but I'm glad I didn't. I was supposed to be having coilovers fitted to the M3 but the bits didn't arrive in time. Anyway at least I got another op to get some laps in.

Loved your 'teg. looks really well set up. Unfortunately I cannot see the pics at work but I'll have a gander when I get home.

Will try and book a place at the SIDC on the 15th and hopefully we'll a catchup. cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, yeah ... be nice to meet, if only because the pair of us had the best manners on track :blink:

If you thought I looked well-setup then heaven help your eyesight - I fitted the wrong tyres and could do nothing about the massive understeer I had all day - I was slowest guy on the track ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Excellent, yeah ... be nice to meet, if only because the pair of us had the best manners on track :blink:

If you thought I looked well-setup then heaven help your eyesight - I fitted the wrong tyres and could do nothing about the massive understeer I had all day - I was slowest guy on the track ;)

It can't have been as bad as the bloke in the RS4 convertible, he had some comical moments at the hairpin trying to get it to turn in. Sounded good, but it looked like it handled like a boat!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of my mates said the RS4 Estate appeared to be driven by Senna, the speed it was devouring the track!

Too short a day - I done nothing except drive and drink coffee ... never got a chance to watch....

·
Registered
85 Posts
It was certainly quick. If it's the one i think it is, it's got an apparent 600 bhp and 600 lbft, so it bloody should be quick!!

The Ultima was certainly one of the fastest things out there (until it started dribbling oil), and it was getting plenty of attention in the pit lane, though i don't know if it was the car or the female passenger that was drawing the crowds......

It was a good day out apart from the muppets in the Evo's, but i'm glad i didn't take mine on, grumbly brakes, slightly knackered dampers and very worn back tyres would have me in the nearest gravel trap on the first lap.

Hope to catch up at the SIDC meet in March!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi folks

Just reviving this thread seeing as the Knockhill SIDC day is on tomorrow...

I'm booked up to go on track with the Integrale, so if anyone makes it along it would be good to meet up.

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Rich, absolutely splendid!! Just picked up my ITR and it's going like crazy - it's been on the rolling road getting mapped all week :biggrinbounce: ... can't wait to get on track tommorow but I've got to get the wheels aligned first thing, then straight up to KH.

My mate will be expecting a p-ride in the Integrale :hihi:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Stephen

Great to meet you and your mates yesterday. I have to say that was an absolutely fantastic day. Met some great people, track etiquette was very good, and even the weather held out! That's got to be a first at Knockhill.

I was well impressed with the Integra, it looked like it handled sweetly and went very well too. I started to get into the swing of things after the first session when I forgot that I was driving on a circuit, not a rally stage through the gravel ;) But it was really useful to follow folk like you that actually knew what they were doing!

The Grale performed admirably and seemed pretty quick too. Once I was happier with my driving I upped the setting a touch to make it a bit more fun. My mate was watching from the pits as a I headed along the main straight and lifted off for Duffers he said there was a flame the size of a wheelie bin that came out of my exhaust!! That was an entertaining session following that Nissan 350Z that I'm guessing was modded a touch... Also had a nice few laps behind an Exige S and Cayman S, though the Porsche was soon following me;)

All in a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Rich

PS. I would love to see some pictures if anyone has some?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rich, the mere fact I actually moved over to let you past shows how well you were driving!

Plus by the size of the flames from the 'grale I'd love to see how much power it's putting out :eek:oohhh:lovelove

Here's a good pic of the pair of us - I'll see what else pops up on my ITR forum and come back later, I've got to run out just now ...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rich, the mere fact I actually moved over to let you past shows how well you were driving!

Plus by the size of the flames from the 'grale I'd love to see how much power it's putting out :eek:oohhh:lovelove

Here's a good pic of the pair of us - I'll see what else pops up on my ITR forum and come back later, I've got to run out just now ...

Wish I had come along to this.

However last weekend at Bruntingthorpe was quite enough excitement for one month. I understand the next one's in May? Probably won't be able to make that one either as we'll have just returned from the 'Ring.

Balls.

How'd the Teggy perform at the weekend? What mods have you done to it?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In which case I better book May up!

Teg is performing well - it's had a load of mapping done to the ECU during the week, plus cam timing optimised and it feels strong as hell again, pulling right through to the rev limiter and sounding glorious...

Mod wise it's got a few things :7:
Main bits - I run about 230BHP
Jun3 camshafts (massive things, pretty extreme) - upgraded valvesprings and retainers, ARP head and rod bolts, uprated engine mounts
Fireblade 964 bike ITBs
4-2-1 manifold and Mugen exhaust
High comp pistons, Larger injectors, Head skimmed 1mm, ported
DTA S40 Standalone Engine Management
Carbon fibre seats, Sabelt 6-point harnesses
Interior removed
Endless Zeal adjustable coilovers, whole car poly-bushed, extra under-bracing
Power steering removed, Momo Corse 320mm steering wheel
Hawk metaceramic pads on EBC blank disks, braided lines, Motul RBF fluid

Just about to order an AP Racing brake kit and put a cage in it as well :blink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is quite some spec! I'm already thinking of booking the May slot aswell, that was so much fun and it was a really well run event.

I see that there are some trackscotland evenings - one on 17 April.... I'm toying with the idea of going to that. 2 hours only, but that is ample enough for me really i reckon. It would be good to get a few people together off the forum. Interested?

Out of curioisty, what tyres were you running Stephen? I'm wondering what is the best road legal type track tyre to use?

Nice picture by the way, some footage would be good to see too, actually perhaps not, I was all over the place on the first few sessions.

I've found a few pictures via the SIDC forum - one attached (hopefully)

Rich

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts