BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having had a couple of unbelievable timewasters to look at my M5 Touring, I am currently thinking about keeping it......Im using it all the time at the moment and it really is everythign I need in a day to day car.

Question: How do I go about changing the clock face from KM to MPH? Is there a dial sheet available, or is it a case of finding/buying a complete speedo from a breaker/dealer? Bloody annoying as we broke an M5 a while back but I sold the clocks!

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
toxicfrog said:
Having had a couple of unbelievable timewasters to look at my M5 Touring, I am currently thinking about keeping it......Im using it all the time at the moment and it really is everythign I need in a day to day car.

Question: How do I go about changing the clock face from KM to MPH? Is there a dial sheet available, or is it a case of finding/buying a complete speedo from a breaker/dealer? Bloody annoying as we broke an M5 a while back but I sold the clocks!

Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul

As far as I know it requires you to change the complete speedo although I think for leagal purposes you can just use stickers.

Although a quick question why would you want to change the dials, I think most understand the KM scale and the relevent MPH equivelents and the car is imported and running on GB plates.

For MOT as long as you have a good MOT station that should not be a problem.

Simon

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was told it was an MOT failure, but I do have a "good" MOT tester!

In that case I probably leave them in until we find another M5 to break!

Thanks
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts