BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kleen Wheels now makes brake dust reduction/prevention inserts for standard BMW M5 18" rims. Bavarian Autosport sells them for $31.95 for a pair. Sounds like a good idea to me as I hate cleaning my rims every time I drive my Beast. Does any one have any experience with them?

·
Registered
259 Posts
While I have not seen these, I know they void certain new car warranties if you have warped rotors and show up at the dealer with these installed They trap heat in the brakes and could cause early failures of brake components.

Dust sux but it is a part of driving. They do not totally keep the wheel clean anyway so you would still need to clean them - it just would get on as thick.

Cleaning is a pain but just a part of having a clean wheel and yes I know one drive and they are dark from the dust. These are not a good solution IMO.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Personally, I think a better option is to purchase ceramic-based pads that dust less. I use Carbotech Bobcat on my car and they work great. In fact, the rear pads are Axxis Ultimate (I'm lazy so I don't want to switch the rears between track events and street mode) and the rear wheels get much dirtier, much faster than the fronts! :hiha

I also think the Kleen Wheels are good, but would muck up the appearance factor on your car. JMHO!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts