BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently fitted black Kidneys to the M5, and I like the look when th car is clean and with sun on it to show the paint isn't black. But dirty or dull and the black kidneys get lost on a black car.

I wondered if carbon Kidneys are available as they might be less hidden. The chrome looks a little too bright, the black a little too lost on a Carbon black car, any ideas ?

I think black kidneys look awesome on LeMans blue or Silver BTW

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Carrera, I've just ordered the black surrounds with the black mesh - I am not 100% sure I will install them until I see them in the flesh, I'm a little worried they will look a little 'Max Power' (for you guys not in the UK, Max Power is a very low quality tuning magazine in the UK for people who like wide-bodied M3s and the like).

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
rogbacon said:
Hi Carrera, I've just ordered the black surrounds with the black mesh - I am not 100% sure I will install them until I see them in the flesh, I'm a little worried they will look a little 'Max Power' (for you guys not in the UK, Max Power is a very low quality tuning magazine in the UK for people who like wide-bodied M3s and the like).
hmm.. very interesting, any pics? I think CF covers for the surrounds are available, leaving the centre "fins/slates" in black..

BTW:I kinder like the oem chrome one myself ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hopefully I will have them in time for the meeting Tin, and we can take a group decision!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
sorry mate, not able to make this,will be busy helping a friend fit a cf bonnet!
do post some pics of the meet though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts