BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Kidney grill dilemma - feedback on color change?

14K views 55 replies 33 participants last post by  Carrera2RS 
#1 ·
Guys,

I am currently in a dilemma, the beast has been neglected for a while now as I have been travelling and getting married... and in order to pamper the beast I am thinking about changing the chrome kidney grills... only which ones do I go for:

1. Gunmetal
2. Black Chrome
3. Plain black

I have a CB beast....

http://195.172.152.75/pics/mm/12.JPG

http://195.172.152.75/beast.htm

thx in advance...

Was!

#2 ·
Re: Kidney Grill Dilemma

I have recently fitted the Plain Black Kidneys to mine and am really pleased with the more aggressive look of the Beast :M5thumbs: saying that there are some recent photo's of a Carbon Black Beast on the Board with the Black Chrome Kidneys which also look superb, can't comment on Gunmetal.

Good Luck in your decision :cheers:

#7 · (Edited)

I like the darkest ones (black).

#8 ·

I like #2.

However I would like #2 better if the vertical pieces weren't painted (shiny). IMHO the "interior" structure of the kidney grills should match the "interior" structure of the lower opening.

#1 isn't bad but #2 is just downright MEAN looking :biggrin:

Paul

P.S. - one of the things I like about this mod is that once complete, the only chrome on the exterior of the car is on the "M" badges...

#10 ·

Hi Was!

For your car, I'd say definitely the all black one... picture it here:

#12 ·

Was,

I put on the black RaceMesh grilles with mesh inserts and wasn't 100% convinced. I am sure you will be able to buy them off the new owner (tomo on the UK site) for a pittance if you want to experiment.

Certainly looked very mean and aggressive, but a little 'Max Power' maybe.

Roger

#13 ·

Thanks Rog, and everybody for your opinions...

Initially I was leaning towards the black_chrome grills.. but common views and pictures have led me to ordering a set of black grills with slats... The mesh insert is a bit MaxPower...

Will get some pics up as soon they arrive and are fitted....

Thanks all

Was!

#15 · (Edited)

IGNORE THE BELOW - I DIDNT READ THAT YOU HAD ALREADY GOT SOME ouich

Whiz, I have the same as Rog fitted, RaceMesh grills, but mine are in chrome.

I didn't like them in black, but the chrome is really growing on me now and I think needs to be seen on here to canvas opions. I will EVENTUALLY get round to posting pictures.

Since we're both in London, give me a shout if you want to meet up to see them this weekend.

#16 ·

Heres a few more grill options Stumbo... I have bought the black ones but dont mind changing if theres a better option available...

Brian,

Thant snowman this is the laser detector for my Road Angel (version 1) - it has saved on 2 occasions that I know of...!

rgds

Was!

#22 ·

I've been looking for a picture of this for the longest but no one has been able to pull through. So I'll try here once again.

Does anyone have a picture of a titanium silver e39 with black kidney grills or black chrome kidney grills? ?????? That would really help me decide if I want to purchase the grills before I make a mistake and replace my current ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.