BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea why BMW even on M5 do not offer “Keyless go” system! Never understood that! ?????? My friend owns Merc S 500 Lorinsser 2002 production with keyless go system and I like it very much.Feels and looks very sporty and in fact very convenient! Not sure how many years Merc use this system but at least for 3 or 4 years.

Does any one else thinks it would be very nice if BMW would offer keyless go system for M5? It would add even more sporty feeling?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maggo,

Are you absolutely sure about this? What is your source for this information? I am on the waiting list to get my 2006 M5 next year and I would REALLY love to have this option. I just don't want to be disapointed when I actually get it knowing that Keyless Go on M5 is not available. Thank you.:cheers:

Maggo said:
yes, all e60 are getting the start button with keyless go option

·
Registered
955 Posts
Maggo said:
yes, all e60 are getting the start button with keyless go option
thanks for your info Maggo!

i have few questions for you with regard to this option.

does it mean 5-series key will become those retangular thingy like 7-series and 3-series?
and do you only get stater button (and the special key?) with if you have such option?

thanks

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I believe MB's Keyless GO allows you to start the car with the start/stop button as long as the keyfob is somewhere in the car. I think that is diferent to the BMW's the have the rectangular key and the start/stop button. I think there is an option on the 7 series (comfort access??? or something) that is closer to MB's Keyless GO?????

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
based on my experiences with Keyless o on my SL55 I would rather do without it. In the end I used to take the key along as well due to my lack of confidence in the system!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
JohnH said:
based on my experiences with Keyless o on my SL55 I would rather do without it. In the end I used to take the key along as well due to my lack of confidence in the system!!
I agree John. Keyless Go felt a little moody to me on two different MB test cars. The concept of a card that you can stick in your wallet though is great, no need to find keys, etc.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
You would think they would use the Bluetooth phone as a security device as the M5 already has support for it. Frankly BT makes more sense for secure remote access than it does for car-phone support audio integration when inside the car because you'll want to connect the phone via a cable for power, at minimum.

No car vendor gets the electronic device integration right yet, even the really simple things. For example, there are at least three ways BMW can use to keep the car time set perfectly and automatically: NIST radio, digital wireless, and SAT-nav signals. However, the **** car still requires a manual setting and resetting at least twice a year for DST changes. It seems as though no one is on the ball and there is so much opportunity to do things right in ways that people will appreciate.

Tom

·
Registered
192 Posts
tifosi said:
thanks for your info Maggo!

i have few questions for you with regard to this option.

does it mean 5-series key will become those retangular thingy like 7-series and 3-series?
and do you only get stater button (and the special key?) with if you have such option?

thanks
This "retangular thingy" will replace the "real" key in the E60.
Then there will be the start/stop button added.

Keyless go is optional. (not standart)

·
Registered
714 Posts
the DB9's start button is most yummy. looks like a jewel.

may be the high tech BMW should be a thumb scan instead of just merely a start button which is almost just a gimick now... (more gimicky)

actually, scratch that idea...
don't want to get car jack and your thumb cut off. ><"

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ive got keyless go on my cls55 and it works the same way as the "comfort access" on my 745. Strange that "comfort access" isn't an option on the m5 now..

IMO, a great feature - haven't had any problems with BMW or MB's versions at all.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I got used to have the keyless in my MB so much that I now really miss, not having it in the Porsche.
I really hope that it would be available in the M5 when they come to US.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Anglas said:
Any idea why BMW even on M5 do not offer “Keyless go” system! Never understood that! ?????? My friend owns Merc S 500 Lorinsser 2002 production with keyless go system and I like it very much.Feels and looks very sporty and in fact very convenient! Not sure how many years Merc use this system but at least for 3 or 4 years.

Does any one else thinks it would be very nice if BMW would offer keyless go system for M5? It would add even more sporty feeling?
Comfort Access will be available as an option to all E60s from Sept '05 orders, as well as all E90s and E63s, this has been published and confirmed by BMW NA,

...I believe it is very annoying though, to those who have just recently taken delivery of their M5s or will be in the coming months to not have this option available...i just dont understand BMWs thinking sometimes, they waited this long for the release, why not just put everything available into these cars from the beginning instead of little by little?

.... of course, you know that in another year they will change the rear lights finally to LEDs as well and it will just piss off every owner again as it makes their cars look a little older than those that will have these things... BMW is really missing on the little things that tend to drive enthusiasts mad.....
i dont understand who at BMW looks at the final package and says go with it when glaring items are missing.... :confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
m630 said:
Comfort Access will be available as an option to all E60s from Sept '05 orders, as well as all E90s and E63s, this has been published and confirmed by BMW NA,

...I believe it is very annoying though, to those who have just recently taken delivery of their M5s or will be in the coming months to not have this option available...i just dont understand BMWs thinking sometimes, they waited this long for the release, why not just put everything available into these cars from the beginning instead of little by little?

.... of course, you know that in another year they will change the rear lights finally to LEDs as well and it will just piss off every owner again as it makes their cars look a little older than those that will have these things... BMW is really missing on the little things that tend to drive enthusiasts mad.....
i dont understand who at BMW looks at the final package and says go with it when glaring items are missing.... :confused:

There are thousands of customers who dont care about those little things, and just want their cars as soon as possible. Also I know a number of merc owners that would rather just have a proper key than a card system that often has a mind of its own

BMW know the enthusiast that want those options will know they are comming out later and will wait for them

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
SuperBMW said:
There are thousands of customers who dont care about those little things, and just want their cars as soon as possible. Also I know a number of merc owners that would rather just have a proper key than a card system that often has a mind of its own

BMW know the enthusiast that want those options will know they are comming out later and will wait for them
i disagree on the little things, as I would expect that when an owner of the first M5s see the newer cars with the little extras, it will greatly annoy...

...but my real point is that BMW seems now under the Bangle era to overlook too many refinement things in the initial cars brought to market and that is a real problem.

EX.. the comfort access is not something brand new for BMW, the 7er has had it as an option for some time now, so I would think that this should be included in the M5 from inception...also, on the rear LEDs, the 7 has had them for years, the E39 even had them, the E63 and E90 have them, why wouldnt the E60s / M5s not have it? it isnt a big technology hurdle to include them that would have further delayed the car, but it is a flaw from the inception of the E60 design and quite annoying as it is a real identifier of the design... i just dont understand how they could miss these things? and believe me, the first time you see an M5 from the rear with the eventual LEDs, your blood will boil if yours does not have them... jmho...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts